LegacyGT.com

socal junkyards?

legacy2.5GT05

looking for some good junk yards to check out.. any recommendations are appreciated. i got in a minor accident and need to replace my front bumper. 05-07 SWP. insurance quoted me 900 to replace and paint. Would be easier/cheaper to find a used one to install. I get a $500 deductiable from insurance so thinking of cashing out and seeing what I can find..

any suggestions? http://photos-c.ak.fbcdn.net/photos-ak-snc1/v2699/208/58/1245030098/n1245030098_30172778_4211810.jpg

OK there is place in Irwindale that has about 10-20 salvage yards lined up. It is called "Alpha street" ( yes that is the street name) just off the 605FWY near Irwindale speedway. you should be able to find stuff like that cheap... good luck buddy.

OK there is place in Irwindale that has about 10-20 salvage yards lined up. It is called "Alpha street" ( yes that is the street name) just off the 605FWY near Irwindale speedway. you should be able to find stuff like that cheap... good luck buddy.

Do you have a name or contact number? would be nice to find out if they have what i'm looking for before i drive out there. thanks.

Do you have a name or contact number? would be nice to find out if they have what i'm looking for before i drive out there. thanks.

I think you can google salage yards in irwindale & somthing should come up they all have like a wierd intercom system you get one number they'll call each other

If the bumper didn't actually break you can easily have it sanded down and your front holes filled and then repainted for like $550-600.

It cracked a little bit. They recommended I replace it to avoid further cracking after repaint but I'm not so sure. Duno how good it would look after sanding and/or any bondo work done..

If the bumper didn't actually break you can easily have it sanded down and your front holes filled and then repainted for like $550-600.

Yes exactly...that quote is ridiculous. It should be about half that price even with bondo work.

The problem with the junkyards is that they only have OLD Subaru's from the 80's and maybe if you're lucky from the 90's.

Anything from 05+ is cherry picked by the insurance companies and sold for top dollar at auctions. I could be wrong but when I hit the junkyards around here in Wilmington they didn't have even 1 Subaru on the lots from 05+.

Yes exactly...that quote is ridiculous. It should be about half that price even with bondo work.

The problem with the junkyards is that they only have OLD Subaru's from the 80's and maybe if you're lucky from the 90's.

Anything from 05+ is cherry picked by the insurance companies and sold for top dollar at auctions. I could be wrong but when I hit the junkyards around here in Wilmington they didn't have even 1 Subaru on the lots from 05+.

Oooh. That makes sense. Thanks for sharing. I think I'm def going to cash out and try to sand/bondo repaint it.

Archived