LegacyGT.com

So a Tree hit me....

I was out very late last night and was backing out of a friend's place when I found a tree in his driveway. Well, no cracks, but it scratched the corner of my back bumper down to primer quite badly.

I'm not too upset, since the car already looks pretty rough. I have some options, but I'm not sure what would be better.

Option A) Properly fix it. It'll be a pain since there are bits of it missing all along the top from PO's

Option B) New bumper cover

Option C) Outback bumpers. Both bumpers are rough, and I love that look of the outback bumper.

Option D) Coat the bumpers in truck bed coating and just drive in my semi armored car

What're we thinking? Pics to come soon.

Leave it it's a 95. It's not going to rust and its not going to affect how the car drives. I do like the bedliner idea ok, but it will not be a good thing when and if you decided to paint the car.

Option C) Outback bumpers. Both bumpers are rough, and I love that look of the outback bumper.

Option D) Coat the bumpers in truck bed coating and just drive in my semi armored car

haha i had those two options in mind for my own car. probably gonna go with the outback bumpers myself

Are you saying a '95 isn't worth fixing? :rolleyes:

The easy answer is, it depends.

It depends on how much it bothers the owner. If you look at it as a constant eyesore that bothers you every day, then fix it.

If his car is an A-B car, buying bedliner is probably a couple weeks worth of gas money. OB bumpers are probably a month or more worth of gas money for something that doesn't affect the function of the vehicle. Nothing A-B about that. Also fixing it likely won't affect the value of the car postively. Its wasted time and money.

Honestly, its one of the reasons driving an older car is great. People expect them in a way to be rougher. Scratch your 2012 Focus and people point and laugh (like the guy who hit a parked car with his brand new Focus at work).

That'll buff right out!!

Honestly, it's not too bad. So, it makes the decision of what to do that much harder. Personally, I'd just want to repair it. But, that's me and I'd see it as a personal investment that I'd never see back. I'd do it because I can't stand when my car doesn't look perfect. That's also if I can afford it. Which, I can't. So, I'd just deal with it until I could.

Just my $0.02

John's bumpers have been torn apart pretty well. I've even torn my front bumper off the 98 twice while off roading. I't being held on by a few plastic things the hold it to the support bar. It's being held on by tie wraps literally everywhere else lol

• I Donated

Like I said. "tis just a flesh wound"

Here is my rear bumper...or whats left of it.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v287/broknindarkagain/IMG1061.jpg

-broknindarkagain

My Current Project - Click Here

COME AND TAKE IT

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing."

The easy answer is, it depends.

It depends on how much it bothers the owner. If you look at it as a constant eyesore that bothers you every day, then fix it.

If his car is an A-B car, buying bedliner is probably a couple weeks worth of gas money. OB bumpers are probably a month or more worth of gas money for something that doesn't affect the function of the vehicle. Nothing A-B about that. Also fixing it likely won't affect the value of the car postively. Its wasted time and money.

Honestly, its one of the reasons driving an older car is great. People expect them in a way to be rougher. Scratch your 2012 Focus and people point and laugh (like the guy who hit a parked car with his brand new Focus at work).

i never even considered the cost of repair in "gas per week" terms. i roll about 500 miles a week usually, gas isnt really my main concern. i love older cars, but i still want them to look good. i spend on mechanical fixes way before cosmetic, but eventually i get to the cosmetics. id say either fix it or find an OB bumper for it and paint. either way, it will look good.

Archived