LegacyGT.com

So gimme the down low. I need an opinion...

My understanding is if you want a full 3" exhaust, you don't want the Cobb. If I understand correctly, it tapers to 2.25". If you want to make it hot, I guess you could remove the intercooler and drain all the coolant out.

My understanding is if you want a full 3" exhaust, you don't want the Cobb. If I understand correctly, it tapers to 2.25". If you want to make it hot, I guess you could remove the intercooler and drain all the coolant out.

Not hot! Hott!

Geeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeez. :lol:

Before you go mod crazy, you may want to sit back and think about where you’d like to end up with your mods (i.e. stage 2, stage 3). It'll save you time and money in the long run and enable people on the forum to give you better advice.
The Ridiculousness is no more :( But you can have your very own piece of it. **The Ridiculous Part Out.** :D

Good point... I'd like to go stage2 on the pwr. I'll probly keep the wheels for a while but springs and sways would be nice. Right now its jacked up like a monster truck. I'm also looking to add some eye burning driving lamps (moding out the grill and custom designing a mount)

I have a pulley and let me tell you first hand that its not worth the money unless you pair it with a lightweight flywheel. The benefits froma pulley alone are barely noticable and its very little bang for your buck.

I have a pulley and let me tell you first hand that its not worth the money unless you pair it with a lightweight flywheel. The benefits froma pulley alone are barely noticable and its very little bang for your buck.

I guess I'm basing it off the wrx I had. I gutted the uppipe PnP, Pulley, tbe and ap2. Everything I'd like to do to the OBXT. that thing was snappy like a turtle.

that thing was quick like a rabbit.

:lol::lol: fixed. definitely a good plan, stage II is awesome! do you have a 5 spd? cuz if you do i'd recommend eventually going with an ACT Streetlite FW and heavy duty street disc, makes a huge difference vs the OEM clutch

The Cobb DP actually tapers to 2.5";) nevertheless its not a full 3" all the way.

The Cobb DP actually tapers to 2.5";) nevertheless its not a full 3" all the way.
Either way, 2.5" vs 3" doesn't matter much as Stage II isn't enough to be hindered by the half inch difference. You won't really run into power loss from it until you go to a larger turbo.

The AP and downpipe are a good start. As for which downpipe you should choose, if you plan to replace more of the exhaust look at a company that sells their mid pipe separate from the cans so you can keep the stock cans (e.g. perrin, cobb) or you can get whichever turbo back exhaust (TBE) you like the sound of as you can always get the tips cut off and have elbows welded on by your local muffler shop or you could just trim your bumper/get longer hangers.

For suspension, one of the vendors sells stiffer springs that you just put on the stock struts but they won't lower you any. The next best choice if you want to change your ride height is going with a full coilover set. As far as I know the only company that offers Outback specific coilovers is Megan Racing. They allow you to go from stock height to around LGT height and everywhere in between. I'd also recommend replacing the rear swaybar at the very least. The stock one is ridiculously tiny and a larger one with nicely improve handling. You can do both the front and rear sway's but I'd do coilovers first and then decide how much stiff you want the car.

The Ridiculousness is no more :( But you can have your very own piece of it. **The Ridiculous Part Out.** :D

I'd suggest working on the handling first.
06LOB2.5i MT, JDMRSB, GYTTs, HPS, LGT Mufflers & Leather Wheel, SubiMomo Knob, Inalfa Moonroof, Clutch Switch Bypass, DeDRLd, DeChimed, & Straight Headrest.

Archived