LegacyGT.com

Sneak preview of JL Audio CES demo vehicle!

msmith

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Manville,

You better be driving that thing.... That car should not be a trailer whore! :p

It's my daily driver... but I am shipping it to Las Vegas in a covered transport for the show. We thought it would be fun to show a rational system designed for daily use rather than the typical painted fiberglass, neon-lit explosions of bad taste that have become the norm at CES. Car audio for grownups, I call it. :icon_bigg

It's my daily driver... but I am shipping it to Las Vegas in a covered transport for the show. We thought it would be fun to show a rational system designed for daily use rather than the typical painted fiberglass, neon-lit explosions of bad taste that have become the norm at CES. Car audio for grownups, I call it. :icon_bigg

Well said, well said...

If I pass you on the right, I'm flipping you off.

In total agreement...

My system in my old car was a very simple system.

McIntosh MX405

Zapco Competition 6.0x 150 W/Channel, 2 channel amps, Balanced Input.. :)

Orion DEQ 30 - Digital EQ

Focal Xpert - Old school, custom 3 way set with custom passive crossovers

Focal Utopia 33W 13" Sub in a sealed box.

This was a pure stereo setup with only 2 channel and a sub. 1" Tweeter and 3" Mid range in a custom kick pod and the 6" midbass in the door.

I miss that setup, I miss that car because of that setup. 1998 Subaru Impreza L...... :icon_neut

I wish I could go to CES, haven't been there in years. Just don't have the time to do it this year, otherwise, I would stop by and say hello.

Maybe, maybe not. :icon_bigg

More info in early January.

you already know I will buy one :D

The car looks first class, as usual!! :icon_tong What did you finally decide on for the performance gear (or is that top secret too)?

I will def. be on the lookout for you and your car at the show, as it is the same model and colour as mine and the classy install looks great.

I really want to hear the Cleansweep on the stock GT radio. You kept the Cleansweep in there correct? You didn't pull it for an aftermarket deck?

Hopefully I can find your booth in between running to my own appointments!

Yes, gireland... it has a CleanSweep and I would be happy to give you a deluxe demonstration. Make sure you ask for me. The JL Audio booth is pretty hard to miss in the car audio hall... hope to see you.

you already know I will buy one :D

The car looks first class, as usual!! :icon_tong What did you finally decide on for the performance gear (or is that top secret too)?

We'll see about the dealio sometime in January, Patagonian... :icon_bigg

As for Performance stuff, I kept it pretty mild. The suspension is stock (unless you count an STi front strut brace as a significant mod)... the wheels are 18 x 7.5 Gram Lights T57RC's with Michelin Pilot Exaltos PE2's (225/40ZR18). The thing handles and stops awesome compared to the stock tires (duh). I got an STi short-throw-shifter kit as well and some STi sill plates and metal pedals for a little bling.

I'm too much of a wuss for ride comfort and I didn't want to screw up the ride too much. As for power mods... it has all the power I really need in stock form... yeah, I know I'm a wuss.:icon_tong

Dang... those pics are HOTT... I think Im gonna do some fancy stuff like that someday... maybe if I ever get the money.

As for the front door panels with the custom grille, did you keep 6 1/2" components in there, or did you go for larger speakers? I dont know if they would fit (I havent taken apart the door yet)...

Also, where did you end up installing the remote volume knob?

If I pass you on the right, I'm flipping you off.

Archived