LegacyGT.com

smokey smokey smokey.... lots of it....

So my car has turned into nothing but a problem... due to my lack of attention and inexperience in turbo swaps. Figured out the misfire that i have been having issues with... was an air leak..... got a Lowes AOS installed to hold me over until I can get an address and get the Grimmspeed AOS ordered.

I installed one line to the crankcase vent cross pipe and led that to the inlet of the oil separator, then from the outlet of the separator, i ran a line to the turbo inlet pipe. Is that correct? Don't feel like it is because now I have become a giant smoke machine......

• Moderators
Talk to the guys at AZP about the GS AOS and then make your decision--best thing is probably to just pick up the phone and call them, they'll tell you what's up and can help you get a hold of the right AOS for your needs.

"Bullet-proof" your OEM TMIC! <<Buy your kit here>>

Not currently in stock :(

All I did was pull the line from the cross over pipe to the turbo inlet.... installed one end in the crossover pipe and to the inlet of the separator, then from the separator to the inlet pipe... that was it.... I am gonna try and hook it up how it was and see if that gets rid of the issue....

I could be wrong but I thought the purpose of a AOS is to keep oil vapors from going into the turbo inlet.

I would find another place to stick that hose. The turbo could be sucking oil in.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

Lets hope it wasnt holding the pressure in the crankcase which could cause main seal issues and maybe more oil past the rings thus burned? Either that or it was setup pulling oil into the inlet and being combusted. Just install it correctly and you wont have these issues.

Archived