LegacyGT.com

Smash, Boom, Crash....

My GF smashed her Legacy this AM driving her son to school.... Super icey road, lane change, service road median!

Everyone is OK. Car needs LOVE!

http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc6/hs006.snc6/165602_1268834499048_1775422589_499056_4742953_n.jpg

Im happy we didnt put the new smoked headlights I got her for Xmas in yet! :)

Glad everyones ok... looks like the hood is good to go... but the pass headlight sits under it??? How's the insides? looks like the whole front bumper pushed everything forward 3-4 inches... and looks like driverside fender is toast... how's passenger side? upgrade time (foglights)

Hood is actually fine. Both headlights have cracks. both fenders are done, bumper, grill, rad support, inner drivers side fender, plus what ever else we couldn't see do to the hood not being able to be opened!

and the drivers door will need a little paint do to the fender rubbing up against it.

It'll just buff out.

I'm a walking testimony to the strength of Subaru body design. I was rear ended by a 7000 lb 1t crewcab dually pickup. I was stopped in traffic, and the truck lost it's brakes doing about 50 mph, there was a Crown Vic in front, I became a Subie sandwich. I was hurt, but not real bad, I drove the car to my shop afterwards. Had I been in a similar sized import, I don't think I would have walked away.

Zip ties and Bondo? Pfft, weaksauce. Today I saw something that I'd never expected anyone to do (naively)... it was an older Acura that got into a similar accident like the OP's girlfriend and their solution to the bumper not fitting right (or at all) was using a couple of L-brackets and some self-tapping screws to attach the bumper to the headlights. How they plan on keeping the headlight condensation-free is a mystery to me but I suppose that's the least of their problems...

But back on topic, was she not going fast enough to set off the airbags? Looks like there was a fair amount of energy involved in the crash...

Zip ties and Bondo? Pfft, weaksauce. Today I saw something that I'd never expected anyone to do (naively)... it was an older Acura that got into a similar accident like the OP's girlfriend and their solution to the bumper not fitting right (or at all) was using a couple of L-brackets and some self-tapping screws to attach the bumper to the headlights. How they plan on keeping the headlight condensation-free is a mystery to me but I suppose that's the least of their problems...

But back on topic, was she not going fast enough to set off the airbags? Looks like there was a fair amount of energy involved in the crash...

Brings new meaning to the term "eye lids" :lol:

angle was off to deploy the bags

This... ^

She said it was around 30mph. Changing lanes in heavy snow and slush. It was a sideways impact. The frame rails were not touched, its all fender and bumper. Hence the reason the airbags didn't deploy. I was actually really concerned about the airbags not going off until we really looked at what happened!

Archived