LegacyGT.com

Skyline Drive (Shenandoah NP, VA) Cruise 2012

compsurge

I'm looking to get a group together for a great scenic drive in Shenandoah this summer. Right now, I am looking at Saturday, July 21 rain or shine. If we are all coming from the same general area, we could group cruise to the park and travel the drive.

I plan on getting putting together a video and some photos, so if you've got HD video, audio, or photography equipment and would like to assist/compile some footage let me know!

Additionally, if there is any interest in camping, we can make it a two day event - I might do this anyway. I usually do "back country" (a couple hundred feet down a trail :lol:) to save the $20 on campground fee.

Use the thank button if you're interested in going and I'll keep a running list in this post.

UPDATE: Where to meet? Suggestions, please!

Added 5 July:

Costs: Park entrance fee is $15. If you think you'll go back again, pay the $30 for the year pass.

Food: I have a baby weber propane grill. I am thinking with the number of people we have going, a bbq is a good idea.

Starting of Skyline drive cruise options: North, South, Mid-North, Mid-South. (basically 60-80 miles vs. 130). I like the Fairfax Towne Center meetup.

I think 300zx2 is about 45 minutes north of me. We could meet up at the WaWa around where Mattapany runs to 301. I need to page mumblinaviator as well - he might be rocking a 18g by then.

I am a huge fan of an early departure, so what time works for everyone? I am good with anything from a 0600-1000 meetup Saturday morning at the Towne Center.

UPDATED 7.21.2012

Going:

compsurge

300zx2g35 (cruise from somd meeting at Charlotte Hall @ 0830ish)

xero287

tsunami

thefultonhow

Maybe:

BarManBean

BanzGotBoost

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just a thought but I know when I did this with the G35 club we would always meet at the Fairfax Towne Center movie theater parking lot and then cruise up 66 to Front Royal and enter Skyline from there.

I'd be down to cruise up from SoMD as well.

Bump TTT!

Plans are finalizing...

1000: meetup at the Fairfax Towne Center. I'll look at satellite images to determine suitable meeting point.

1030: Depart after meet/greet/general bs.

1130-1200: Pick up lunch on the way (minimize logistics vs. bbq).

1400-1430: Arrive at park north entrance (Front Royal) - closest to DC, should save time overall.

I estimate arriving at the south entrance way late in the day, most likely around 8-10PM depending if we stop a lot.

Weather should be rainy or sunny and hot, warm, and cold. Photography should be great if we get some rain fronts coming through, especially with fog. I highly recommend circular polarizers if you have them.

Archived