LegacyGT.com

Skid plate issues

BigT

I've had the skidplate installed on my LGT for a while, and had a big problem yesterday. I hit a high curb when parking yesterday and the place where the skidplate bolts on in the front right corner of the car snapped off. I'll try to get some pictures up soon, but is this fixable?

I was wondering about that. When I test-fitted Rallitek's original plate on our LOB - there's a lot pf plastic where it mounts.
06LOB2.5i MT, JDMRSB, GYTTs, HPS, LGT Mufflers & Leather Wheel, SubiMomo Knob, Inalfa Moonroof, Clutch Switch Bypass, DeDRLd, DeChimed, & Straight Headrest.

Come on people: Skid plate meet concrete = damage to anything weaker than and connected to skid plate. That's why I have the oem plastic one installed underneath our car. Not to worry though......anything is fixable......

My gf cracked those things going trying to go down a steep driveway a while back. Just tonight I undid my skidplate and unbolted what was left of those plastic brackets, which was not much. I was installing the Rallitek skid plate, had the font two bolts threaded, when my ratchet broke trying to undo the rear bolt:spin:. The good news is that I don't need to use the plastic brackets for the rallitek plate but, might have to use the longer spacers that are supplied.

I wound up taking the plate off. There is a metal piece that plate attaches to. I'm going to see if it can be replaced. If not there might be a skid plate for sale :(

I wound up taking the plate off. There is a metal piece that plate attaches to. I'm going to see if it can be replaced. If not there might be a skid plate for sale :(

Damm i knew the V2 skidpalte is better. although it uses the same front mounting locations as the V1. my qualm is the cupped washers as i have modified the way they are used to make a more secure fit.

I have V1 and its fine, all its really there for is to protect from snow ice and stuff bouncing around the road. Consider your self happy that it did its job and protected your motor. BTW how were you parking and how fast were you going.

Archived