LegacyGT.com

Simple exhaust upgrade question

sqhatch

I have been looking into this : http://www.quicktimeperformance.com/QTEC/

My first question is will it pass inspection if its in the closed position? I think it'd be a neat upgrade that allows to you run basically a straight exhaust from the downpipe or midpipe after the last cat for some additional ponies. The site stated a wrx made 21 whp and 24 lbs. torque using it. Would it make the ecu run rich/lean? Any negatives can anyone see in reliabiliity or cels if i run it after the last cat? I drive too much everyday to run an aftermarket exhaust so i thought on my fun days (track days or days off) i could crank this open alittle. Any opinions or thoughts are appreciated.

Guest *Jedimaster*
I may do the same after I get my mufflers welded. I can't see any reason for it to fail emissions.

Can you reccomend a cheaper version of equal or better quality? I would prefer the electric ones over the pull cables. Emissions i could understand it passing if its closed, but visual inspection it would pass too? What about a cop looking underneath the car for some reason and seeing it? any fines? i wouldnt be running around w/ it full wide open but i dont want to waste my time w/ it if its gonna fail or fine me.

Archived