LegacyGT.com

si drive on manual 08 lgt

And it is useless .....

correction: SI drive allows the flashing of multiple tuned maps if you protune w an Accessport. each of my 3 modes are completely different tunes, don't ask me how it works, i don't know how to use the protuner software.

correction: SI drive allows the flashing of multiple tuned maps if you protune w an Accessport. each of my 3 modes are completely different tunes, don't ask me how it works, i don't know how to use the protuner software.

I thought this was still a work in progress? Who's able to do it?

If I had an 07+ I think I would leave it in S+ all the time so IMO It is good for ME NOT to have the choice...i don't need any other 'choices' in my life...
Rehab is for quitters.

Whatever.

Yes there are fuel efficienty benefits if you are running in I mode.

As for sport and sport sharp .... the settings simply relate to throttle response. I have a foot that does that.

There may be a difference for auto transmissions I don't know. The OP asked in relation to manual and this has been my experience.

If I had an 07+ I think I would leave it in S+ all the time so IMO It is good for ME NOT to have the choice...i don't need any other 'choices' in my life...

I wish it was possible. Stock SI Drive won't let you keep it in S# when the car is turned off (it changes back to S). And it also won't let you switch into S# if the car isn't warmed up yet (safety feature).

And as for the different maps, yes technically it is just controlling the electric throttle response but I am also flashed/tuned and the settings are pretty different -- moreso than stock. I suppose if you were a ninja-like throttle king you could do the same but its a lot easier to switch with the press of a button. :lol:

When I got my car protuned, all 3 settings are the same now....My cars pretty damn quick in "I" mode...lol Kind of wish they would have kept the stock "I" setting....it was nice and smooth with the cruise control on...

my 5spd is stock and i can feel the difference in the various SI Drive modes. try speeding off with I mode active, then try it with S or S# active. Big Difference..

Yeah, when mine was stock, it was a big difference. Always thought it was wierd how S opens the throttle all the way and S# does not open it all the way....thought that was kind of strange...

The "I" mode is awesome the SI drive is great. My 06 LGT got terrible gas mileage city and freeway and having the I mode and S# modes has increased my MPG by at least 7 MPG. Plus the S# is a great contrast to the "I" mode. Gives the LGT and Peppy turbo feeling that is similar to the WRX.

What LGT do you have keith, i live in Utah County my self and dont see may LGTs around.

Don't have one...yet. I probably wont get one until i'm done with school and the wife lets me ;-) But I have been test driving some and it's the top car on my "list". Where are you at in Utah County?

Edit- Just read you're in PG...that's cool. I'm just south of BYU campus.

Archived