LegacyGT.com

Shorty Downpipe

• Mega Users

No trans specific for shorties. It's the bottom or second section of the downpipe that is transmission specific.

No one makes a legacy specific one anymore. The 08+ WRX, if anybody makes one, might work but don't quote me on that.

The only manufacturer I can remember is Stromung (because I have one). Definitely a good cheap way to go stage 2.

Just googled them. Crucial and Turbo XS also made shorties.

Add MadDad and Flow to that list.

The OBX didn't fit, even after the seller said it would.

Just bought the Invidia and will do it right the second time :)

FTFY... that was quick turnaround on fitment! Receiving a part from an ebay vendor and test fitting in 2 days is impressive. That or you cancelled the order after you came to your senses and chose to do it right the first time and not waste time with that POS one (hence the "do it right the first time "comment"). ;)

FTFY... that was quick turnaround on fitment! Receiving a part from an ebay vendor and test fitting in 2 days is impressive. That or you cancelled the order after you came to your senses and chose to do it right the first time and not waste time with that POS one (hence the "do it right the first time "comment"). ;)

Got it yesterday AM and had the OEM stuff back on by 3PM.

Yeah, I meant do it right the first time. This isn't my primary car but I will just not bother trying to do it cheaply. Shouldn't have tried to save the $130. :(

Seller is being untimely in replying to my emails now that there is a problem.

• 5 months later...
Reviving an old thread, apologies. What guide did you use to install your shorty? I'm giving it a go and doing my research right now. Looks decent but wanting to know all the tricks to get the sucker out and in fast as possible.

Archived