LegacyGT.com

Short throw/bushings/extender

I've heard alot about a cheap ebay alternative to a short throw shift, I try to avoid buying ebay parts, but seeing as a shifter is a metal stick, I don't think you could f that up much. I do however DO NOT want to skimp on bushings.. thoughts?

this one won't fit on your legacy, it's too wide. I have the same eBay shifter, but mine is 93-01 specific. also have an eBay 2" extension and eBay delrin knob. I love the whole set up and am so glad I didn't spend $100 for the same exact shifter from Kartboy or twice as much for the same knob from a some other name brand

this one won't fit on your legacy, it's too wide. I have the same eBay shifter, but mine is 93-01 specific. also have an eBay 2" extension and eBay delrin knob. I love the whole set up and am so glad I didn't spend $100 for the same exact shifter from Kartboy or twice as much for the same knob from a some other name brand

Wish, where does your shifter sit about? I guess in relativity to your cup holders, or if you have a picture. And what bushings did you do, I want it to feel more direct.

Wish, where does your shifter sit about? I guess in relativity to your cup holders, or if you have a picture. And what bushings did you do, I want it to feel more direct.

I used some polyurethane bushings a friend gave me. not sure what brand they are, but Ive also used the kartboys. mine feel more direct than the kartboys, but also rattle at high speeds.

http://I.imgur.com/LGEXx.jpg

I only used a 2" extension cause I didn't want it to sit too high, just a little higher than stock height and a lot higher than the short shifter height

ok i have a 96 5mt and which gen wrx STS should i use? also which bushings? sorry to threadjack lol

Its aright, turninconcepts.com has a linkage update you might need, its the 93-01 wrx shifter, with the wide bushings for an 02-05 wrx is what im getting from this.

Archived