LegacyGT.com

Short Notice COLORADO Meet

djmonkey841

This was posted on AWDPirates...looks like it should be a lot more organized and will allow some CSprings people to join in....Want to see a lot more LGT's than last time...same meeting place...and sounds a lot more organized...

Oh and there will be a photo shoot for Subaru Sport Magazine...Represent The C.O.

RED ROCKS Meet & Drive: 9 AM Sunday 2/12/06 End @ CO Sprhttp://www.awdpirates.net/phpBB2/templates/Getaway/images/lang_english/icon_quote.gif Short notice. I hope that you can make it. I'll have directions for the drive as a handout for everyone that shows up. It is organized. I expect the drive to be upwards of 2.5 hours long, but, I haven't figured out the total mileage. Guestimate is 130 miles. Bring petrol, bring soda.

There may be only 4 reasons to go to this meet and drive.

1.) We are taking photos for a submission to Subie Sport Magazine. Colorado Subies should represent. That said, all cars are welcome. We'll be taking photos at Red Rocks beginning at 9:00 in the North Upper Lot. We will also be shooting along the road and at Rita's Fajitas in Colorado Springs.

2.) We are taking one of the most scenic roads in Colorado.

3.) We are having lunch between 12:00 & 1:00 PM in Colorado Springs at Rita's Fajita's;good & cheap, w/parking.

4.) Camaraderie - your friends will be there.

• Since our southern brethren are always asking us to come on down to the Springs area, I think that we should.
    Since most of you have nothing to do on a Sunday anyway, you should join us.
    If you take your time, you can still be home in Denver by 2:00ish in order to do nothing for the rest of the afternoon.
    Your car will thank you for taking some time to get out of the city on some beautiful, winding, country, light traffic roads.
    If you are going snowboarding or skiing, you'll still have fun but without us.

Meeting at the Upper North Lot - RED ROCKS at 9:00 AM on Sunday the 12th of February. Everyone should be gone by 9:45 AM. Meeting at 12:00ish at Rita's Fajitas in Colorado Springs.

Rita's Fajitas

221 S 8th St

Colorado Springs, CO 80905 - 1630

Attendees from LGT.com:

LGT Chris - Maybe

djmonkey841 - Red Rocks yes, Drive Maybe

jmanzs

FiftyTwoEighty

Subastew - Maybe

gt_ltd - Maybe

RockyMTNgt - Maybe

BWD - Red Rocks yes, Drive maybe

Jonny Bradtmueller - Red Rocks yes, Drive maybe

ParkerGTL - Maybe

Dopey_won

see_obxt - Red Rocks yes, Drive maybe

alcyone

More info from awdpirates

I expect that all drivers will be prudent regarding their driving. This drive is not about speed or death defying adrenaline but about enjoying one of the best roads in the state. I would be surprised if any of you have been on the out of the way track that I picked out and that I'll be giving you directions to. Please keep in mind that extremely aggressive driving will reflect on each Subaru behind you and possibly a kick in the quarter panel from an overly irate pedestrian (as the Korean may attest to).

Chances are likely that I will be the one bringing up the back side as well. As the drive is over 130 miles long and not a race, I would hesitate to invite those that want to make their own Gumball 3000.

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y300/Demian_w/UpperLotRedRocks.jpg

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y300/Demian_w/REDROCKS.jpg

Here's a little something about the drive for those curious...it seems as though the guy setting this up is keeping the exact route a secret until the meet when he'll pass out directions:

"I like the responses that I am getting for this drive. The drive is a long one, but, one of the most beautiful here in Colorado. This is the drive that I would recommend bringing wives, girlfriends and lifepartners:oops:. I wouldn't recommend kids as I wouldn't recommend traveling with any children over the age of 12 months due to their unruly behavior and general mouthiness. j/k http://www.awdpirates.net/phpBB2/images/smiles/icon_wink.gif

I expect that all drivers will be prudent regarding their driving. This drive is not about speed or death defying adrenaline but about enjoying one of the best roads in the state. I would be surprised if any of you have been on the out of the way track that I picked out and that I'll be giving you directions to. Please keep in mind that any overtly aggressive driving will reflect on each Subaru behind you and possibly a kick in the quarter panel from an overly irate pedestrian (as the Korean may attest to).

Chances are likely that I will be the one bringing up the back side as well. As the drive is over 130 miles long and not a race, I would hesitate to invite those that want to make this their own Gumball 3000."

I believe he made sure to mention that it's not a race due to me posting that 49 cars pulled over at once link on there

Here's a list of the attendees from awdpirates.net

List of Attendees:

Hosts: Demian & Jessica (BlackTopVR4)

ScubaSteve

Sinbad

Jayson Black

STiMachine

STIBungy

EVO_SpeedKing

Burnera

Cyberwolf

Korean

Cobra

slo4g63

Yeti & Theresa -before their late breakfast

thedavel05

AlkamisT w/ wife in tow

vette killer

Sliver

Brocksdad

souxbe

denver_whiteSTI85

djmonkey841 -90%likely

EvilDeadII - 90% likely

Reverend Claydough - maybe, 80%

rch - maybe

zEy^2.5RS - maybe

Subadrew - maybe - you know you want to

TrueWRXstacy - maybe

HKSPowerWRX - maybe

nPreston - NO?

Moto - maybe

no lgt.com people are on this list yet

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y300/Demian_w/Feb12thMeet.jpg

RED ROCKS DRIVE 2/12/06

1: From Red Rocks #3 entrance just outside of Morrison on Morrison Rd, Turn Left , going EAST on BEAR CREEK AVE / CO-8 toward MARKET ST.

2. Turn RIGHT on CO-8 at the light and Continue to follow CO-8 W

3: Turn RIGHT onto US-285 S toward FAIRPLAY. (Go more than 20 miles here, but, if you go through Will-O-The-Wisp, you have gone to far.)

4: Turn Left onto CO-126 / S PINE VALLEY RD. Continue to follow CO-126.

5: Turn Left onto South Platte River Road before the town of Buffalo Creek.

6: Stay on South Platte River Road for a long time, you’ll connect to HWY 67 (turning Left and heading South) which will take you all the way into Woodland Hills.

7: Turn LEFT onto US-24 once you are through Woodland Hills.

8: Start out going EAST on US-24 E toward N PINE ST.

9: Turn LEFT onto S 8TH ST.

10: End at Rita’s Fajita’s at 221 S 8th St in Colorado Springs, CO 80905-1630

The above is a map of the drive...hopefully you all get this....

Archived