LegacyGT.com

Shop recommendation in York, PA

psucaptainkickass

Nothing I can advise of off hand. However I was quoted by a dealership at $750 to do the job. Mainly due to the too mount and everything else that needs removed to get to it. I bought the parts and was gonna do mine myself, but I don't have the time.

Sorry this wasn't really much help. I'd also be interested if anyone has any suggestions. I'd like to get my plugs and wires replaced as well. Again, I have those parts, just a matter of finding a decently priced shop to do the work.

Yea there's a reason why we call them "stealership's". At that price I might as well start looking to buy a whole new engine and rebuild that.

Anyway, sorry to hear you didn't have much luck. Let us know how things went at MachV.

I personally know a tech from Apple who helps me out on the side. Sounds like the work is covered in NOVA though. There are only a handful of places in York I would trust in York anyway.

Updated parts list since original part-out here.

Original Full part-out of my LGT HERE!

I was speaking of apple, on rt 30. They spotted the leak, I had it verified by another shop that I'm leaking oil, but didn't say exactly where from. My car was in for a steering rack (roughly $2,600 repair) when they said about the leak.

I bought the car up in Lancaster, and it's been a pile of crap ever since. Which is sad, because it would make for a very nice family car if it didn't constantly need to go in the shop for repairs. I swear, if I didn't need to repair so muh stuff on it, I'd already have it paid off. Btw, said shop is Kiem on rt 72. As far as I'm concerned, they sell junk cars for top dollar.

Yea it is what it is. Luckily this thing ended up in someone's hands who is willing to get it fixed up the way it needs to be. It makes me sad when people neglect their cars.

Thanks for the tip about searching the forums. I have found a DIY on valve cover gasket replacement. As stated before, I have the gaskets, plugs and wires, only thing I need is time.

Archived