LegacyGT.com

Serious Dilemma, Garnet Red or No Car?

CPTChaplin

All, I am really desiring the input of experts, and those who always have an opinion. Background Information: Wife will not tolerate the idea of a taupe interior. Absolute first choice of car color was the Silver Brilliant. Total choices ranked like this: Silver Atlantic Blue Black Regal Blue (Never really considered the Red... but now...) Situation: My dealer just sent an email. No other dealers will trade a car with taupe for one with black interior. The only car with a black interior coming in is the Red Garnet on July 12th. "I am not getting anywhere on a car with the black interior. Still looking though. So far no dealership will trade for this car, as they are selling well over MSRP. The only one with black interior I have coming is in Red." We own a truck that gets 12mpg (costing ~$300-400 in gas/mnth) The truck has 500 miles til 30,000 (don't want to go over for trade in etc) I am going off for two plus months for extended training. My wife is pregnant. (Don't want her to have to deal with it...) I leave July 16th. Dilemma: Get the Garnet Red and be happy, or hold out for the Silver and get the 1st choice. Questions: Is the Red Garnet a good looking color for a GT Ltd Wagon? How does the paint hold up? Cleaning/Wear/etc... Resale? Pros: Seems to be an uncommon color. (I haven't seen many or heard of people choosing/seeking them.) Car comes before I leave, and I can break it in (and drive it :D ) The Garnet Red is ONLY available on the GT's and GT Ltd's Wife likes red cars in general (her previous car was red) Has a black interior. Cons: Wanted the Silver or Atlantic Blue. Will it draw more attention from both sides of the law? (Cops/Crooks) Will the color get "old" in a couple of years? Seriously looking for some input. Thank you. God Bless. J.R.

First off, any dealer who is selling these car's for "well over MSRP" are on crack. Second, I ordered my car about 4 weeks ago and it will be here in another 2 weeks or so. Order your car and wait. There is no reason for you to not get exactly what you want. I am not a big fan of red in any capacity, but it's a nice looking color and is an exclusive color that can't be cound on the 2.5i legacys. In short, I think that you should order what you want. These car's are in HUGE production right now and you shouldn't have any problem ordering one, or finding a dealer that will order you one!

I was in a similar situation. My first choice was black, but the dealer couldn't locate one for me. I've always had black cars and felt this was a good chance to try something different. I was stuck between the silver or the red. I think they both look very nice. This may be goofy, but I went with the red because it was a little 'sportier' looking (at least to me). All of the colors I've seen look like a much higher quality than my WRX was. I don't know if any of the colors would adversely affect the resale value. The red may be bright, but it's still a wagon! :D Chris S.

In 6 to 8 weeks there will be plenty to choose from. Carsdirect.com is selling them for $600 over invoice. Since you want to have the car before July 16h you may have to pay more, but call around to all of the dealers within a reasonable distance and you may be suprised with what you can find. If you don't like the red then don't get it or you will regret it. In any event I would run far away from that dealer before you are charged for rustproofing and extra muffler bearings :lol:

I have found from personal experience that if you don't get exactly what you want the first time, you probably won't be satisfied with whatever you [b]do [/b]get. I, too, had to choose whether to drive off the lot in a red GT or wait for what I wanted... I chose to order and wait (3-5 weeks to go!). I don't envy you your particular predicament with having to leave in a few weeks. I agree with others... check around with other dealers in your area.

what ZIP code did you type in? Carsdirect wants very close to MSRP in Denver and LA! [quote name='rao']Carsdirect.com is selling them for $600 over invoice.[/quote]

This Space For Rent

Great news all! The dilemma is solved. I just got a call from my dealer. Another dealership was hard up for one of the cars that he had on his lot. He got both a Silver and a Atlantic Blue GT Ltd Wagon in direct exchange. I have worked out a 72 month 3.9% loan :o (already processed), got my insurance card, and pick up my car tomorrow at 11AM. Praise the Lord. Hey, I work nights and got to bed at 11AM today, and got the call from the dealer at 2:30PM. 8) Gonna be a tough night, but tomorrow will be nice. Man... I am floating! :lol: J.R.

[quote name='brady_bunch']Congrats! I have no word yet on the Legacy I ordered a month ago. <sigh> I hope it will show up sometime soon.[/quote] It'll be worth the wait--I love mine! (I got lucky and found one on the lot) At first I wasn't sure if I'd miss the wrx, but the more I drive it, the more I love my new GT...

Archived