LegacyGT.com

Sell it or keep it ? 05 LGT 148K

Hi guys, i have 2005 LGT Limited 5EAT with 148K miles on it.

I bought it half a year ago and now have a company car that i drive everyday and my legacy sits in the garage and i drive it sometimes on the weekends.

new ej257 shortblock at 147K, with new gaskets,seals,timing belt,plugs

new radiator at 147K

transmission flushed at 147 K, PS flushesd

new front CV axles, LCA bushings,endlinks, alignments,new pads all around and rotors resurfaced- all done around the same time when engine was rebuild.

DDM tuning HID kit 55W 4500K

Hankook IPIKE w409 tires with less that 1000 miles on them

Interior is black leather and it is clean with no rips or stain

Exterior has couple of scratches on drivers side and passenger side mirror turn signal cover is cracked.

I would like to know what would be reasonable price to sell it for

I live in Colorado

I was thinking to sell mine car and my wife's 04 accord and get acura mdx or something like that. No need for 2 cars especially if my car sits in the garage for 5-6 days without use.

I kinda like my LGT, but at the same time it needs another 2-3 k to become fully to my taste. And i have 11 month old girl, that will probably enjoy to ride in bigger SUV.

You have all that new stuff but the car still has all those miles and that is what a buyer would focus on. You would probably get 8-9k top dollar.

I think smart buyer will focus more on what's done. You can have 05 LGT with 90K miles on it, but my car is basically has new heart in it. I would probably buy car with new engine and work done instead of just low mileage car. But people personal opinions different. I'm just trying to find reasonable price to sell it for.

Here is brakedown on cost that is put in to it:

Engine 2500$

Work 700$

Tires 600$

Brakes 150 $ did myself

LCA bushings, endlink 150 $ did it myself

Alignment case of beer - `20$

PS flush, tranny flush 50 $

DDM HID 70 $

CV Axles 150 $ did it myself

Car: 4500 $

I was lucky to buy car cheap, but it totals now close to 9-10K , i would be really happy to get 9500$ for it, but will see.

Should sell quick at that price

I'd rather buyer a higher mileage car than a lower one, owners just don't do the maintenance on them, well because it's got such low miles, why is what they say?

Good Luck and it should sell quickly

• 3 weeks later...
You have all that new stuff but the car still has all those miles and that is what a buyer would focus on. You would probably get 8-9k top dollar.

That's crazy.

I'm right under 140k -new engine @ 99k, ...but man, 8k?

I'm getting ready to drop another 3k into it this spring! I think we should all start a union & bump up the value on these...

Is it paid for? Ever seen what happens to someone that happens to lose their company vehicle after they have sold their own? All of a sudden, maybe you have no job, no vehicle, and no way to finance. NEVER EVER let yourself get into a position of not owning a vehicle, regardless of whether your company gives you a vehicle or not.

I bought it with cash, we have two cars 04 accord and 05 LGT plus company car. My wife drives accord and i drive company 04 hyundai accent. Just doesn't make any sense for me to keep LGT. I was actually thinking to sell accord and LGT and get some SUV.

wait. the company car is an '04 hyuandi accent. that's a '04, hyuandi accent.

and it doesn't makes sense to keep the lgt?? man if that's how you feel may as well get rid of it to someone who'll enjoy it. then you can buy all sorts of other practical things.

i can put anything i want down here?!

Is it paid for? Ever seen what happens to someone that happens to lose their company vehicle after they have sold their own? All of a sudden, maybe you have no job, no vehicle, and no way to finance. NEVER EVER let yourself get into a position of not owning a vehicle, regardless of whether your company gives you a vehicle or not.

Well, i always get my cars with cash, never ever financed in my life, even if i lose a job, i would be able to get a car in 1 day if needed. Plus it doesn't make sense to keep LGT in garage and just watch it get covered with dust, there is someone who will be driving it as it should be.

wait. the company car is an '04 hyuandi accent. that's a '04, hyuandi accent.

and it doesn't makes sense to keep the lgt?? man if that's how you feel may as well get rid of it to someone who'll enjoy it. then you can buy all sorts of other practical things.

^^^What he said. I would bet that you could probably buy 2 good used Kia Rio's for what you can get for the LGT. :lol:

That hyundai accent is piece of s***, but i have to drive it 5 days a week, and i don't have time to enjoy legacy at all. Instead i would enjoy more cash in my pockets :)

I would keep it. These cars are to much fun to drive. I could never drive a 04 accent. I don't care what you paid me.

Sounds like your not a car guy. Sell it to someone who would appreciate the Legacy GT.

But hey, what do I know, mine only has 172,322 miles on it. I spent over 7k on it in the past year.

Drive it everyday and over 700 miles a week during the winter. We take it to VT every weekend skiing.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

• I Donated
Mine (05 LGT MT Wagon) has a EJ257 in it too....

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Subaru_EJ_engine#EJ257

US Market Subaru Legacy/Subaru Outback MY05~MY06

That article is wrong. The only way you would have an EJ257 is if someone swapped it in after manufacture. No cars in the U.S. market besides the STI came with the EJ257 from the factory.

Sell it, the car is such a money pit, I'm getting so sick of mine

:orly::rolleyes: haven't notice:spin::rolleyes::lol:

The only thing that I seem to replace is a wheel bearing on avg. every 50k. And until I disabled the DRL, low beam on avg, every 8mos. That's far from a money pit.

Mike

Mileage:331487 Retired/Sold

Archived