LegacyGT.com

Second Annual Mach V Track Event: September 24-25, 2005

Mach V Dan

http://store1.yimg.com/I/fastwrx_1847_64900087

What: Mach V Track Event II

When: September 24-25, 2005

Where: Summit Point Raceway

We'll be doing this as part of a NASA "High Performance Driving Event" (HPDE). That means we don't have to worry about the logistics of running the actual event, but as a sponsor we get some perks. Those include a special Mach V pre-registration period, special Mach V paddock parking area so we can line up all the WR Blue cars next to each other ;), and a bit of publicity for Mach V Motorsports. Plus, for those of you who attend, we'll have some other fun stuff, like manufacturer parts giveaways.

If you're new to track driving, this is a great way to start! You can read up on the HPDE events at the NASA Mid-A home page. There are different classes based on your level of driving experience. You can drive any car, from 2.5RS to STi to...well, if it can pass the tech inspection, you can drive it. And if you're not new to track driving, it's a well-run, action-packed event, with plenty of seat time and lots to see when you're not driving.

Cost is $299 for the weekend. You have to be a NASA member to participate; that's $40, but you get a free year's subscription to Grassroots Motorsports, which is more than worth it. You can sign up at the same time you register for the driving event.

Pictures of our first Mach V Track Event are here. Last time we had about 30 WRXs and Evos. This time I think we can muster a few more cars than that, and I hope a few are Legacies. (This means you, Keefe! ;))

I hope to see you all there! Special Mach V pre-registration open now; see big link below.

Register here.

--Dan

Mach V

FastWRX.com

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

You just sign up normally. The link is not currently "public," so at this point it should be just Mach V customers/fans/friends who are signing up. I'll post details about the Mach V paddock section and other details as the date gets closer.

--Dan

Mach V

FastWRX.com

• 2 months later...

I didn't bring my camera today, but I will bring it tomorrow as I know you all love to just see pics.. (I'll even take some pics of the NASA girls for you all).

Today, a black Evo in HDPE group 2 wrecked pretty badly with ambulances coming out straight out of pit. The driver is ok, I think the instructor wasn't feeling 100%.. the car buried itself into the pit wall exiting out of turn 10.. considered totalled I think.

The track-prepped 911 GT3 spun in turn 5 in front of my friend's WRX Wagon (and he got it on tape!!!!). I was only 3 cars behind when this happened. Dust and tires rolling from the tire walls was crazy.. it looked like a stick or two of dynamite just went off from the berm. I think it's about $10~15k worth of damage considering the car is about $130+k?

Saturn Race Wagon was tagged/rubbed from another car I think and lost the right rear wheel in the process and tore off the studs.. the car should be repaired and ready to run tomorrow.

Turn 5 had full of action today, spins, offs, and breakdowns.

Turn 3 and Turn 1 in SpecE30 racing was exciting as my teammates were battling it out to catch to the leader but ended up spinning and bumping. The later in the day (5pm) the track was getting cold so the tires weren't hooking up well.

I only racked up 63 miles today on the Legacy GT (which should have been 100 miles), but ended up drinking down 10 gallons in the process. My 2nd session was cut short of only driving 3 laps (including the warm up lap). Nevertheless, it was a day full of action and very cool turbo-happy weather. I'll need an exhuast soon to make the car louder as I hit the rev-limiter more than 20 times today. My car is soo underpowered :/ against the mustangs and porcshes today... and I hard a hard time passing other cars at full throttle.. it takes forever to pass someone at 110 mph. I'll need another 50whp to 100whp or lighten the car a good 400 lbs. to make it a fun car to drive on the track.

I'll be at the track from 6am to 6pm again tomorrow.. I will be on the track at 10:00 am, 1:00pm. and 4:00pm.. if you guys come early enough, I can get some of my teammates to give you guys a ride around a track during their practice sessions. Or just come out and watch and mention that you are part of NASA event went you enter the track so you can get your wrist band to be in pit.. it's free to watch. The weather will hold out from raining and it will be an awesome day tomorrow.

Keefe

If you make any further power changes to the car, to remain competitive on the speedway, won’t it push you out of your current SCCA class? That’s the damn problem I have with the motor swap, I’m immediately bumped up to street modified with the disadvantage of competing with some highly modified cars. Perhaps alky injection may be an option for you? Get an alky map and a non-alky map, then run the juice on the speedway and not on solo course?

Can’t wait to see some pics…

I run the car currently with just SCCA-spec rules.. when I am on the track, I swap out the brakes and tires to keep the car running happy.. as for the power, I leave it alone. I plan to keep my GT as a more street-friendly car than a track car.
Keefe

teaser

http://www.salazar-racing.com/images/GT-HPDE3IMG_9929.jpg

http://www.salazar-racing.com/images/GT-HPDE3IMG_8808.jpg

http://www.salazar-racing.com/images/GT-HPDE3IMG_9977.jpg

http://www.salazar-racing.com/images/GT-HPDE3IMG_0026.jpg

http://www.salazar-racing.com/images/GT-HPDE3IMG_7381.jpg

Keefe

What about driving with windows rolled down ? ISn"t that hurting the aerodynamics...? = makes you slower ?

In the High Performance Driving Groups, front windows must be down. You can give point-bys (aka passing signals) from inside the car. You need to stick your hand out the window to give a clear signal.

The other window is for the pit officials see you clearly when driving by.

Keefe

Archived