LegacyGT.com

Seat comparison: LTD vs Non-LTD

schwinn

I am shopping for a 2005 LGT and am still going back and forth with the LTD/non-LTD selection. I don't care for the sunroof, so the only thing of interest to me is the leather seats and the power seats.

Being a spirited driver, I was wondering if the leather in these cars causes you to slide around a lot or not. I test drove the car, and didn't find it was that slick, but then again it's not like I had the opportunity to REALLY press the car during the test drives.

Secondly, I know that the power seat has less adjustability than the mechanical one. I am coming from my 93 MX6 with mechanical seat adjustment... so the question is, will I miss the adjustability? I am 6' tall, regular frame, 190lbs, and I tend to fit just fine in most cars... so I wonder if I need it. My local dealer doesn't have a non-LTD available for viewing, so I can't try it out... and right now I am email-shopping for price. I will certainly test drive any car I plan to buy, but while I am shopping I would like to reduce the scope if possible.

Andy other advice is welcome, of course... being that I am a Subie Newbie!

The bling bling version comes with the tacky plastic fake wood. As we all know leather fades and rips even if you do take care of it. And the cloth seats are cheaper to replace. (think screaming yelling drooling 2 year olds on your $2500 leather investment) personally i think subaru is gay for only offering the roof with the leather.

Im the same size as you (ok im skinny) and i have no problem with my cloth seats.

cant help you with the leather, I turned my nose up at the $2500 price tag for teh bling bling

Need forum help? Private Message legGTLT

+1 for the non-ltd.

I DO miss the sunroof, but not the too hot/too cold/PITA to clean leather. Plus I like the trim better.

It's probably slightly lighter ergo slightly teh faster:icon_tong

I'm 6 ft/220lbs and I am super comfy in the seats...

I say +1 for the Linited Perforated Leather seats. I am not as tall as you all, but I find them very comfortable, and not slippery at all. I think the perforated leather makes them so that you won't slide as much. How much more adjustability do you have with the manual ones? The power ones are 8 way in the driver, and 4 way in the passeger, how much more do you need?

I wanted the sunroof, and the leather is just a plus. ALso the heated part makes them comfortable in the winter, and some tints should take care of the summer.

I have dirtied up my seats a bit with normal use, and with some cleaner and conditioner I have not had any issues cleaning them. They keep very clean BTW.

It also adds that touch of luxury that you would expect from a semi-luxury car.

X

---

I found that in my Non-limited the seat did not support my thigh very well on longer drives (20 mins or more) and my right leg got very tired. A lot of people have experienced this. I am 175 lbs 6 feet high and I really wish I could have adjusted the front part of the seat up and keep the back part down.

As it turned out I modified my seat, but not too many people like to do that.

I had the same problem as LittleBlueGT, but being 6'4" it's even more pronounced. I didn't know you could raise your seats.. if I knew I woulda gotten a non-LTD, but no regrets with the bling-ed seats and moonroof either.

I had the same problem as LittleBlueGT, but being 6'4" it's even more pronounced. I didn't know you could raise your seats.. if I knew I woulda gotten a non-LTD, but no regrets with the bling-ed seats and moonroof either.

The NON-Ltd are the ones that can't be raised independently, just the LTD so it may be best that you went with the LTD.

X

---

Well, that did it. Took a seat-test in the non-LTD and was quite disappointed, as mentioned by others. The key was the lack of thigh support on the standard seat. That changed my mind on the spot, and, sure enough, I ended up buying a 2006 after all - the price just came in nicely with no games involved, and with more than $1k under invoice. I believe I got a good deal, and if I didn't just lie to me :)

Now, a proud owner of a 2006 Silver LGT LTD! Scary thought - my first new car, ever!

There's not enough adjustablility on the non-LTD's. I wish I had the leather too. I came out of an A4 with full adjusability and leather and really miss those seats, although they had crappy lumbar support. If you can afford it, go with the LTD.

Good, you took my advice. Before hearing it.icon_biggrin.gif

Yes, I took your adivce for sure, and am quite happy. Still trying to get used to the different seating position, which the adjustable seats are more than happy to help with :)

Thanks for the input, and you will certainly be seeing more of me 'round here!

coming from a volvo before the subie, my experience with those non-ltd seats are more pronounced...i simply dont like them, they lack support, and as many has mentioned, long drives are a pain in the...

I have yet to go on trips on my non-ltd wagon, but from my daily commute between my home and school...(about a 20min drive)...i can already feel discomfort and tiring...not recommending those cloth mechanical seats...if i can choose again, definitely going for the Ltd car, with the added bonus of the moon/sunroof and in-dish cd changer...give it a thought if u've got that little extra money...which i didnt have...

• 2 weeks later...

I think it has more to do with "leg length" rather than overall height. Some people have longer legs than torsos, and vice-versa. Not sure how you "measure" this or what makes sense, but it's why I am 6'0" tall and 190lbs, with a dislike of the non-LGT seats. The weight (and hence "thigh thickness" may have a factor, here, too.)

In the end, have a seat, and see what fits... that's the best we can say. Of course, you can get an LTD and not worry about it at all.

BTW, white - I believe the 6CD changer is standard in both the LTD and non-LTD? The sunroof and leather are certainly two of the major differences.

Archived