LegacyGT.com

Rough Idle In Drive

So here's the scoop:

The car idles great when in neutral or park, but if the car is in drive when I come to a stop it vibrates like a mofo. I'm assuming it might have something to do with the converter in which case I'm SOL but if this is a common problem and there's a quick fix I'd be interested to hear it!

Thanks in advance!

Like ZM sad, the pitch stop/torque dampener is connected to your firewall look half way up the center of firewall and right under your throttle body to find it, a black dogbone with bushings on each side. The motor mounts can be seen from under car or looking from standing view into engine bay look straight down from each strut tower and follow front frame back a little and u'll see them

FYI, I replaced stock pitch with Beatrush pitch mount and insert a RalliTek transmission mount insert and I get more vibration. :lol: But at least my car feels more connected to the drive-train now. Still need to do the rear diff. :dm:

I do believe it's the torque converters. Try that TransX stuff see if it goes away, maybe it can help that too.

Group N pitch $45

http://www.importimageracing.com/p/Group-N-Pitch-Stop-Mount.html

Beatrush pitch $80

https://www.upscaleautomotive.com/p-9385-beatrush-pitch-stop-mount-for-02-07-subaru-wrx-sti.aspx

4eat Auto Trans insert $32

http://www.rallitek.com/wrx4eau.html

I've had that before too...so many squeaks and rattles and God know's what. But with the warmer weather it's calmed down. Yeah, in neutral it's much much better, but even in drive I'm hardly noticing it anymore. Gonna change the tranny fluid soon, get the TransX stuff out :D

Mine will randomly vibrate pretty badly. Other times it's exactly as it was around 10kmi ago. There's really no rhyme or reason to it; it happens cold, hot, after heavy/light accel/decel. One of the mounts looks newer than the other, so I'm assuming that COULD be the culprit. Just in case, I've procured a set of 08 STI mounts, which some one said would fit, and hope to install them some time soon.

'15 FB25

Magnatec 0W-20 + FU filter (70,517 miles)

RSB, Fr. Strut Bar, Tint, STI BBS, LED er'where

yup, remember that if you do upgrade you'll get more vibration like mentioned above because youre going stiffer..

any EJ engine mount will fit with any EJ engine, just make sure you buy 2, some websites sell them as

"each"

I'm going to keep one stock one GR, and use zip ties for the dog bone! Don't worry, I'll use at least three zip ties for extra strength!

'15 FB25

Magnatec 0W-20 + FU filter (70,517 miles)

RSB, Fr. Strut Bar, Tint, STI BBS, LED er'where

Yep thats your torque converter. TO: 98LGTLOVER thats how it'll start out only doing it when it's cold then it'll get worse and worse.

YOUR TORQUE CONVERTER IS A $35.00 PART FROM AUTO ZONE!

Aamco Transmissions will check your torque for FREE!

P.S when your torque converter finally goes out your car will not move, so you guys experiencing this might want to fix it.

unless your going to send them your core first It's $790ish VS $35 for a brand new OEM one

Hmmmmmm.........That seems like a hard decision lol Unless your racing your car which most guys don't that seems like wasted money

Archived