LegacyGT.com

Rough idle and white smoke?

update:

Took it to the dealer as she is still under the 5yr 60k power train warranty.

No compression in cylinder #4, they have to take the motor apart to diagnose:iam:. They can not get to it until next week. I will not have a car for at least two weeks depending on the problem:(:(

I will update with info as I find out.

update:

Took it to the dealer as she is still under the 5yr 60k power train warranty.

No compression in cylinder #4, they have to take the motor apart to diagnose:iam:. They can not get to it until next week. I will not have a car for at least two weeks depending on the problem:(:(

I will update with info as I find out.

See if they will give you a loaner car ('09 STI..... ;)).

Ok probably not an STI, but maybe they have something for you.

See if they will give you a loaner car ('09 STI..... ;)).

Ok probably not an STI, but maybe they have something for you.

Good idea

They sell Cryslers as well so I got a PT cruiser. From what I hear they are going Subaru exclusive. Unfortunately I can only have it for five days.

My dad is going to lend me his 02 WRX

Update

Just got off the phone with the Service tech.

The #4 ring failed, which is why there was no compression, and the wastegate was stuck partially open.

So they are replacing the Block and the Turbo. I should have it back by the end of the week.

• 1 month later...

Update:

I got the car back, the last weak of June, I did not get a chance to drive the car until this Saturday. I have already put 400 Miles on the car, what a difference. The power which I have been missing for at least the last few months is back. The fuel Eco has improved to 16.8MPG. I had been for the past year only been getting 12MPG. As the motor breaks in I suspect that should improve.

She runs like the day I bought her 3.5 years ago.

After the break in period the dealer wants me back for a full check up, and oil change.

Archived