LegacyGT.com

Rotora 4-Piston BBK, need new rotors

BigBlack-V

Ok so I have had a 4 piston Rotora BBK on my car since I got it from the previous owner. I am assuming he had them on the car right when he got it so the rotors have 50-60k miles on them. I had them turned down by a machine shop (cross drilled and slotted) last year when I did new pads even though most places wouldnt do them. They are a one piece rotor and in my research I have found out that they are 330x30mm 13" rotors. I have to call Rotora in about an hour when they open to confirm the size.

I am looking at a new set and I am unsure what brand to get. I am looking at DBA and Stoptech as I have a friend that can get me good prices. I do not track or race the car and it is my daily driver more or less.

What rotors would you go with (just slotted)?

I was 0.

And I'm still a zero.

:lol:

• Moderators

get whatever is cheapest. not likely that you'll notice a difference in stopping power.

I'm going with slotted rotors on the front because I got a decent deal on the rotors and want the bling to show through the wheels--honestly though I suspect that blanks would be better for my application. I always avoiding drilled rotors in my searching.

Get in touch with zeckhausen (sp?) racing also. GREAT customer service in the past and I hadn't even bought anything from them. The president of the company emailed me several times with great info.

"Bullet-proof" your OEM TMIC! <<Buy your kit here>>

Not currently in stock :(

i like slotted for snow and icy as the ice has a place to clear out from ..

other than that its just looks..

you likely just use a older sti rotor that still has the 5x100 patern

Now that's thinking out of the boxer!:lol:

fyi all 05 + legacy's have built in code reader

Ok so after talking with a girl over at Rotora she states that since my rotora are a one piece rotor they are 330x24mm. In their system they show to be discontinued. She is checking the warehouse and getting back to me.
I was 0.

And I'm still a zero.

Get blank rotors, they will be fine with whatever you want to do. I recommend Hawk HPS pads, great bite on those. stoptech streets are pretty much the same thing

The problem is Rotora discontinued the rotors and its an odd size (330x24). She is checking the warehouse for me to see if they have any and if they do not she will try to get the tech department to email me the exact specs of the rotors. That way I can see what else out there will work without taking the rotors off the car.

I was 0.

And I'm still a zero.

get whatever is cheapest. not likely that you'll notice a difference in stopping power.

I'm going with slotted rotors on the front because I got a decent deal on the rotors and want the bling to show through the wheels--honestly though I suspect that blanks would be better for my application. I always avoiding drilled rotors in my searching.

Get in touch with zeckhausen (sp?) racing also. GREAT customer service in the past and I hadn't even bought anything from them. The president of the company emailed me several times with great info.

zeckhausen - http://store.zeckhausen.com/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=13352&osCsid=taoj4n3d9jqmnb45pnaj831pc6

Thanks, I saw that earlier today and put a call Into them. I left a message and once I hear back from rotora on the exact specs of the rotors (more than just 330x24) I will go from there. I spoke with a guy at ultra rev that asked me to send him all the specs and he would find out who makes rotors in that exact size. I found a company called ecs that makes that size also.

I also saw that brembo makes that size and it's also a size on certain bmws.

I was 0.

And I'm still a zero.

looks like you have options. happy for you, as others have been left high & dry.

I hope I have options depending on the other specs of the rotora rotors. I guess there is more to the fitment than just the 330x24 rotor size.

I was 0.

And I'm still a zero.

I hope I have options depending on the other specs of the rotora rotors. I guess there is more to the fitment than just the 330x24 rotor size.

as long as it fits the lgt hub & lugnut spacing, has the proper alignment for the caliper, and has the correct diameter/thickness; it should work.

as long as it fits the lgt hub & lugnut spacing, has the proper alignment for the caliper, and has the correct diameter/thickness; it should work.

After speaking with Dave zeckhausen the guy who owns the brake website on the other page. He stated that if rotora does not have the calipers specifically designed for the kit I am kinda sol. He said I can have a set custom made but they will prob be pricey.

I was 0.

And I'm still a zero.

Archived