LegacyGT.com

Rota's (Tarmac 3, Torque, etc)

Can anyone recommend the best place to get Rota wheels?

FastWRX and wheeldude (formerly subydude) do sell them, but they are expensive...

I recall seeing here some vendor ads selling them for 700 shipped with lugs, etc etc

I was looking for a vendor that sells them with tires already mounted on, in order to save some $$$

Any recommendation is appreciated!

Thanks

Flavio Zanetti

Boston, MA

machiii.net...

But ed's right.

06LOB2.5i MT, JDMRSB, GYTTs, HPS, LGT Mufflers & Leather Wheel, SubiMomo Knob, Inalfa Moonroof, Clutch Switch Bypass, DeDRLd, DeChimed, & Straight Headrest.

I googled it and found the particular wheels I wanted from racinglab.com for the cheapest price I had seen. Then I printed it out and took it to Discount tire and had them match the price.

I have Tarmac IIs

I got 18x8 Formula Mesh from Subydude (now wheeldude) for like $650 shipped with lugs. That was about a year ago though.

Exactly my point... They are like 800 bucks now... Plus another 600-700 for tires... Tough for me at this moment...

Was hoping to get a deal from a dealer who sold both at a great price with nice rubber mounted on them...

The search continues... Thanks for the msg though

Flavio Zanetti

Boston, MA

I'm not getting into some pissing match about the advantages/disadvantages of rotas...

but i had a set. tarmac 3s. purchased new and installed new tires. came out to 1500 almost.

I've seen liiiightly used volks with tires for the same price.

just saying.

car for sale. PM me!

machiii and wheeldude seem to have the same prices with free shipping for all 4 wheels. for me at least (sometime next year) i was thinking about getting the 17" rota torques for $650 (seems like the lowest price everywhere with free shipping) and get separate tires at tirerack kuhmo asx $98 i think. so the total is about $1050 and have the stuff mounted/balanced at a nearby shop for i think it was $20 each tire... so overall $1150 total... if i could get that cheaper i'd be golden. good luck flavio and *subscribed* in case there is a miracle site i could get rota torques cheaper than $650. cheers.

I'm not getting into some pissing match about the advantages/disadvantages of rotas...

but i had a set. tarmac 3s. purchased new and installed new tires. came out to 1500 almost.

I've seen liiiightly used volks with tires for the same price.

just saying.

but...which volks are they, do they follow a look and spoke pattern similar to what the OP wants?

That's the thing, if he wanted Volks (any volks) deals can probably be had, but he's looking for specific rims.

Guys,

Volks are impossible... 3k just for the wheels... One of the reasons I decided upon Rotas...

But even though, if I decide to go with 18's it will cost me 1500 maybe a little less if decide on Kuhmo or Sumitomo tires...

The search continues...

LOL

Thanks for your comments!

Flavio Zanetti

Boston, MA

but...which volks are they, do they follow a look and spoke pattern similar to what the OP wants?

That's the thing, if he wanted Volks (any volks) deals can probably be had, but he's looking for specific rims.

true that. just saying.. it all depends on the used wheel market but i've seen the real version of the rota knockoffs for +200. in which case, hell yeah im getting the real ones. ce28s are around that price range, and they look like about 4 different rota wheels.

so, mr. zanetti, which ones are you looking at?

car for sale. PM me!

Can anyone recommend the best place to get Rota wheels?

Flavio, I recently received my special order "group buy" Rota wheels from wheeldude.com. Dan was great to work with and I'm pretty sure their prices are the same as everyone else.

http://i248.photobucket.com/albums/gg164/gf2020_photos/Subaru/P1020570.jpg

please do. how are there disadvantages to a wheel (minus one weighing more than the other)?

these threads never end well and usually becomes some sort of crazy flame war between the rota-haters and the rota- uhh people.

so in my attempt to be fair and balanced (LOL)

good points: without the center cap it's easy to mistake it for the real thing. i didnt have center caps on my enkeis and someone asked if they were rotas. which is fine because even I thought they looked like rotas.

they're cheaper than the real thing. 1 thing to bend a 400-500 dollar wheel, another thing to bend rotas. you can drive with reckless abandon, pot-holes only tickle your wallet instead of spearing through it with a diving speargun.

nobody really minds if you have rotas. everyone has them, and someone will back you up if someone says they suck. girls dont know the difference. if they look good (and they do) that's probably all that matters to them.

which brings us to the disadvantages:

heavier than the real thing. these are regular cast wheels. they copy $$$ designs which are usually way ligher. Dont know if anyone weighed their G-forces but my advan RS in 18s were about 17 pounds. i think standard rotas are 21. not a huge difference but difference nonetheless.

quality. they are fine wheels. they are cast. but forged wheels will take more abuse than cast wheels. and then there is an example of my buddy that bought a set of 4. 1 was off-round, enough for the tireshop guy to ask if my buddy wanted to send them back. but still balanced alright, for whatever it was worth. there was another one with unevenness but not as bad as the first one.

Yes, i know about anecdotal evidence but this was 2 wheels out of 4. they also put the rims on the balancer machine to check for unevenness. they did not do that for my enkeis. The difference in cost between my enkeis and the rotas were about 100-150.

The cost, while cheaper than new wheels, isnt much cheaper than lightly used ones. when you mount tires and drive, they're now used rotas. had you gotten used ______insert name brand 1500 dollar used set here____

you'd be in the same place after 2 days anyway.

Just my opinion. Please nobody take this personally.

That said, I had a set of rotas. took a big hit selling them because nobody wanted to trade them. they still were one of the best looking wheels i've had on my car though and i've had many. But i've had Ray's wheels (lightly used and came with tires) that cost less than my rota set.

car for sale. PM me!

i donno if i inadvertently started the rota pro/con discussion with my comment but i meant "cheap" as in --> economical, back in my first post.

i'm all for rota wheels, haah i mean they look great and are good for the wallet so why not

I recently bought a set of 18X8 Formula Mesh from machiii.net for $700 shipped and then got a set of 235/40/18 Sumitomo HTR ZIII tires from tire rack for $450 shipped

Check this out:

http://ssl.delti.com/cgi-bin/rshop.pl?details=Ordern&cart_id=4689872.135.7028&typ=D43516&ranzahl=4&Breite=245&Quer=40&Felge=18&weiter=10&kategorie=6&Ang_pro_Seite=10&sort_by=preis&Transport=P&dsco=135

Pretty decent price for 245x40x18's....

Flavio Zanetti

Boston, MA

Flavio, I recently received my special order "group buy" Rota wheels from wheeldude.com. Dan was great to work with and I'm pretty sure their prices are the same as everyone else.

http://i248.photobucket.com/albums/gg164/gf2020_photos/Subaru/P1020570.jpg

Wow, had I seen these a year ago, I would have picked them up over my Formula Mesh rims. :drool:

Archived