LegacyGT.com

Rev. C JDM GT Bilsteins = 2006 USDM Spec B Bilsteins!

So, I just received today set of JDM GT wagon (non-Spec B) Rev. C Bilsteins with springs take-offs from Japan. I checked the part numbers (didn't know them upfront) and these are the same as USDM Spec B Bilstein part numbers! Namely:

20310AG400 - front right strut

20310AG410 - front left strut

20365AG260 - rear shock (same left & right)

This is interesting info, as I believe there was confusion how USDM Spec B compares wrt JDM GT and JDM Spec B suspension wise. People were wondering which STI Pinks they should get, GT or Spec B.

I am wondering if springs are the same. I would guess, yes, but I need to check the color codes. I have take-offs from wagon so rear springs would be for sure different. Anyway people complain that USDM Spec B is too soft because of the springs. If the springs are indeed the same, I guess I might not be that happy after all. Luckily, I have already set of STI GT wagon pinks. I also have set of Tein H-tech, but these go for sale...

Anyway, this is intresting because:

USDM GT = some crappy suspension (probably JDM non-GT)

USDM Spec B = JDM GT

JDM SPEC B = no USDM equivalent

SOA really thinks people here like cushy ride...

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply
don't you think it's possible that you got Spec B Bilsteins and the seller didn't know what they were selling? It's happened at least twice before on this board in the last year.

don't you think it's possible that you got Spec B Bilsteins and the seller didn't know what they were selling? It's happened at least twice before on this board in the last year.

I doubt it. I asked and he said these are take-offs from his car which was Rev C 2.0 GT, not Spec B.

Here are the pics. I don't know if you can tell by the stickers. These are different than Rev.A JDM Spec B and Rev.A GTs.

Also, pictures show color codes for the springs:

front: dark blue (top), light blue/white (bottom)

rear: purple (top), pink (bottom)

I remember some posts with spring color codes, can't find it now. Anyone can tell whether the front springs have the same color codes as USDM Spec B springs?

IMGA0884.JPG.32cc0d173de5aa8966a54e9acb50d8eb.JPG

IMGA0885.JPG.63d0fd1c02a665e96ca63f9c3b42affd.JPG

IMGA0886.JPG.103c3e7f3a784667c36343fddef7a92f.JPG

IMGA0887.JPG.3c2a943c0650af661518e63aa4eb27b1.JPG

IMGA0888.JPG.0de099151c930d927f74d7cf2018becb.JPG

my old Spec B's:

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y124/PatagonianGT/strutsandsprings.jpg

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y124/PatagonianGT/strutsonly.jpg

The normal GT's look distinctly different....stickerwise. Your's do look like different ones.

Well, you cant judge by the stickers. They differ from revision to revision and as you can see all three setups have different stickers.

Regarding springs, found some posts, but these are about early JDM SpecB/GT springs codes: http://legacygt.com/forums/suspension-brakes/1318-spec-b-just-3.html?highlight=color

I am sure someone must have posted 2006 USDM spring codes... Need to search more.

Some more info about JDM Bilstein part numbers can be foudn here:

TheL7 - Part Numbers

AFAIK, there is no such thing as Spec C car. The A/B/C letters refer to subsequent revisions of the car. It looks like they use those letters instead of years numbers.

For example look here:

ƒXƒoƒ‹ ƒŒƒKƒVƒBƒc[ƒŠƒ“ƒOƒƒSƒ“ y‚Ý‚ñƒJƒ‰z ŽÔŽí•Ê

You will see BP5A, BP5B, BP5C, in 2.0i, GT and GT-SpecB variants.

Ok, I am not 100% sure that whether my Bilsteins are GT or SpecB, but all seems to indicate these are plain GT.

EDIT: Heck, there is now Rev. D car (BP5D) - here: ‚Ƃ肵‚傤 ‚̈¤ŽÔЉî y ‚Ý‚ñƒJƒ‰ z - by carview

Oops. got my Specs mixed up. Still think they are Spec B Rev C. Paul should know.

I don't think so, as I said. BP5 is the car generation designation. The letter A/B/C/D is revision (like year in the US). Particular car variants like 2.0i/2.0R/GT/GT-SpecB are not encoded in this.

I am not 100% sure, but that's what it seems...

• 3 weeks later...

Update. Whitetiger put these on my car today (should have done myself, uber easy). Initial impressions very positive - car is no longer floaty, osciallation on bumps is gone (that really bothered me - stock suspension is really underdamped), seems to turn better. Ride comfort virtually

unchanged, subtle differences - I can feel small bumps in the road more (good thing).

Also, body roll is reduced.... but I am thinking not enough (and I run JDM GT rsb). Still leans bit too much on ramps to my taste - I think I'll put the Pinks on to try. The only thing I am concerned about rear sitting to low vs. front (at least visually) that has been reported with JDM and Pinks.

To sum it up, very worthwhile upgrade - the suspension is very compentent, but I would not call it very sporty. Just what the car should have been from factory.

JDM GT Bilsteins + pinks + sway bars front and rear = :wub:

What bars are you runing?

And btw, do you have pics of your cars with Bilsteins and Pinks?

I'm running Cusco bars. No updated pics of the car yet.. I've been so busy that it's filthy right now and haven't had a chance to take pics. Plus, I'm waiting for my camber bolts to arrive so that hopefully I can get -1.2 degrees of camber. It looks better with the camber too. :lol:

The car is not much lower than stock, which is fine by me. I did this for the handling upgrade, not for looks like S-techs or some other lowering spring achieve. hehe

BP5 is the car generation designation. The letter A/B/C/D is revision (like year in the US).

You are right. The latest JDM Legacy/Outback's are called D-Type (4th year).

This Space For Rent

:munch: I have a set of wagon pinks to go on my stockers...I am debating whether or not to do the change bilsteins?

So wait and see I do!

J

You will get better struts at some time, it is just a matter of time.

Since you like an in between ride get the GT spec Bilsteins or the USDM (same as Canadian) ones or get the Tokicos since they are adjustable.

You are right. The latest JDM Legacy/Outback's are called D-Type (4th year).

But was there letterless revision? I.e. BP5 before BP5A? There was pre-Rev. A SpecB suspension (at least to the info at this board). Was there a revision mid-year or something?

Actually, when BL/BP were released in Japan, was it 2003?

http://legacygt.com/forums/turbo-powertrains-2-0gt/7871-legacy-part-numbers.html?highlight=part+numbers

From everything I've read here, JDM/USDM Bilstein + Pinks + JDM 20mm RSB on an LGT Wagon = ride/handling goodness. Any dissenting views?

SBT

- Pro amore Dei et patriam et populum -

Archived