LegacyGT.com

Replacing Fog Lights

hey guys, i'm pretty new to this forum. i've switched out my low and high beams to xenon bulbs. i recently just purchased a set of H3 xenon foglights but it's a bitch getting into the foglight compartment. anyone know of any tricks that i can do to replace my foglights without doing major body work? thanks guys

• 3 years later...
Hey guys. I've only had my 05' LGT for a week now and I had a headlight and fog light go out. Did the headlight, Simple. However I cant figure out how to get to the fog light. In the manuel it says to have the dealer do it. I have to pay to have the dealer change a friggin' bulb?!?!?! Can some on help me? Thanks Walk through link isn't working either.

use a flathead screwdriver to pry out the foglight covers in the front of your car (use a cloth to prevent scratches). go underneath your car to take our two or three pop-its to access the foglight area. you'll find two bolts that you'll have to take out (12mm). once you do that, you can take the foglight housing out from the front and change them out.

good luck!

use a flathead screwdriver to pry out the foglight covers in the front of your car (use a cloth to prevent scratches). go underneath your car to take our two or three pop-its to access the foglight area. you'll find two bolts that you'll have to take out (12mm). once you do that, you can take the foglight housing out from the front and change them out.

good luck!

Thanks. This does seem to be the best solution. I started to try it but the

"pop-it's" seem like they want to break. Did you just replace them afterwards?

Thanks

good luck!

I found if you pop out the 2 or 3 pop-its, you can pry back the inner fender lining and remove the bulb from the rear of the housing. PITA? You bet, but I would not want to remove the housings.

i found it a little difficult to get under the undercarriage lining and get my hands inside to work the bulbs. taking the housing out is a piece of cake and you can easily see what you're doing. one extra step than bluesuby's method, but it's easier to work the wiring for the H3 bulbs!

^^^^

+1 This is how you do it. I sat and watched my mechanically minded friend swap my bulbs while I was drinking beers.

You either drink fast ("beers"), or he is kinda of slow...or maybe he had already had his beers.

It is still ugly.

• 1 month later...
My bad, I should have clarified. I meant is the changing them out procedure the same?

Changing out the foglight bulbs on my 08 took me less than 10 minutes total to replace both bulbs and aim the lights. If I remember right, there were 2 pop-it's, and one screw. Once those are removed, the access panel can be moved out of the way and bulbs removed/replaced and lights aimed.

Changing out the foglight bulbs on my 08 took me less than 10 minutes total to replace both bulbs and aim the lights. If I remember right, there were 2 pop-it's, and one screw. Once those are removed, the access panel can be moved out of the way and bulbs removed/replaced and lights aimed.

Was there a vertical adjustment screw just like there is with the headlights for the low beams? Do you happen to have a picture or know of a thread that shows how to aim the fog lights?

http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php?t=77597&highlight=PIAA+bulbs

Archived