LegacyGT.com

Replacement parts.

Does anyone know where i can get new, Battery harness or whatever you wanna call it, and also a new belt cover?? I've looked and looked and cant find anything anywhere.

Thanks for the help

No one makes replacement? I can only buy used? Sucks ok.

On a different note she just broke down. My battery has been dying and it completely shut off while I was driving. Alternator? What you guys think?

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk

No one makes replacement? I can only buy used? Sucks ok.

On a different note she just broke down. My battery has been dying and it completely shut off while I was driving. Alternator? What you guys think?

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk

If the battery is old, replace that. If it still dies, it is the alternator.

ETA: probably the alternator.

• I Donated

I call BS...because in the colder states its marketed that the cold kills batteries.

The difference in battery life between a hot climate and cold climate is very minor

-broknindarkagain

My Current Project - Click Here

COME AND TAKE IT

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing."

• I Donated

Die Hard = garbage.

I know because I spent quite sometime selling / installing them. The amount of warranty batteries that came back were unreal

-broknindarkagain

COME AND TAKE IT

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing."

That's your opinion. It was also your opinion that heat is not damaging to a battery. Fact's prove otherwise. It's lead & acid in a box. Any battery, well cared for and maintained, can provide years of service.
RIP 96 Legacy 2.2 4EAT lost reverse @ 374,000 miles

• I Donated

http://www.optimabatteries.com/

I know that Johnson Controls makes the majority of the batteries on the market....Everstart, Die Hard, Duralast, etc are all made by the same people.

-broknindarkagain

COME AND TAKE IT

• I Donated

whats with the million questions lol

I have a red top right now (got it for free) however I prefer the yellow tops.

Why didnt you give the option of blue top? hahahahaha

-broknindarkagain

COME AND TAKE IT

http://www.johnsoncontrols.com/publish/us/en/products/power_solutions/Brands.html

Optima is first on their list. Sears stopped carrying them. In their place they have the Platinum series. It's an Absorbed Glass Mat battery, similar to the AGM in the Optima except the plates are packed side by side rather than spiraly wound, giving it slightly more cell surface area per group size. Before you get defensive, I think the Optima battery is a fine battery. They didn't break down any more or less than other batteries. One of the unfortunate problems with them was not the quality of the product, the problem had more to do with customer expectations. I saw folks repeatedly deep cycle Red Tops, (same customers time after time), and then complain that they were dis-satisfied with the product. No matter how many times I'd tell them that they are expecting deep cycle characteristics from a starting battery and it dosen't work like that. Even a Yellow Top won't last that long if they do that. It's still chemicals and minerals in a box. (spiraly wound absorbed glass mats as opposed to plates suspended in liquid acid) Optima is a good battery and is popular, but people got so excited about having an Optima that they forgot that it still had limitations and required care like any other battery. To answer the question as my favorite battery. I'd keep my 35 D.H. Gold. If I wanted to upgrade, I would put the extra $ needed for a specialty battery towards an upgraded alternator instead. http://www.maniacelectricmotors.com/legacy.html

$228 for a 140 amp alternator vs $200 for a D.H. Platinum?

• I Donated

DH P are good. In my time at Sears, I never once saw one come back on warranty. However, the amount of DH and DH G that came back was unreal.

I've seen the same thing out of Everstart batteries and Duralast batteries.

I think there are some design differences between the different "brands". DH P and Optimas being a perfect example.

I've personally had terrible luck with DH batteries. Before I ever worked for Sears, I had one. It didn't hold up very well. On the other hand, I've had decent luck (not great) with Duralast batteries...until I put any kind of sound system onto them. Optimas have NEVER failed me.

-broknindarkagain

COME AND TAKE IT

I do warranty a "lot" of Die-Hard Silvers and Golds. But I sell a lot more. About a 20 to 1 ratio between sales and warranties. The 20 to 1 is based on the 100% warranty period, not the 100 month pro-rated. I personally think a 100 month pro-rated warranty is unrealistic for a southern battery. That's 8 years and 4 months. Too bad that marketing pretty much forces them to do that. All most people look at is that number when they compare battery A to battery B.

whats with the million questions lol

I have a red top right now (got it for free) however I prefer the yellow tops.

Why didnt you give the option of blue top? hahahahaha

^^^Sorry, it's just that the battery in my 99' LGT looks like it's 1000 years old. I just got the car and I know she's going to need a battery ASAP. Also, I didn't give the blue top option only because it talk about using it for a boat or RV and not so much on a car. Can't wait to get a new battery for my baby.

• I Donated

Honestly, Optima Yellow Top is the way to go...especially if you run any kind of audio stuff.

Like its been said before, Die Hard Platinum is pretty good too.

-broknindarkagain

COME AND TAKE IT

Archived