LegacyGT.com

Replacement Jack

BigT

They make a 12v electric scissor jack that might be an option, though I am not sure on price or if it will fit in the spot for the oem one, with out modification? If fitmint in the stock location is not important. There are also smaller aluminum race jacks you could check out or you could go with a telescoping bottle jack.

Though I also think the junkyard is the probably the most practical way to go. Just make sure the replacement one you pick up doesn't have some weird proprietary tab on the lifting plate that may not work with the Legacy.

PS: Thought I am sure you now, I fell obligated to say it..if it is the type the goes over the pinch weld instead of a plate, make suer it fits over the Legacys welds first. And of corse make sure it goes high enough; though unless you have an OB it is less of an issue.

I would just upgrade to a better jack.
[SIZE=1][URL="http://public.fotki.com/blackfang/"]Pics[/URL] [B]08 KawasakiZZR 600- exhaust and other mods 98 Camaro Z/28 HT- some mods......street/strip car 07 Legacy 2.5i- SPT exhaust...daily driver[/B][/SIZE]

You can get a jack in sears that comes in a nice heavy duty plastic box that would fit nicely in the trunk. It is a floor jack but comes in a decent case that will deff make you thank yourself for buying if you need to change a tire in a hurry.

Does anyone else make the discovery that if you need to change a rear tire you need to grab a full size off the front to not f up the diff. Thats why I roll with a full size in the trunk!

Did you check in the mounting location under then trunk floor cover (the bottom side of it)?

I had a flat once, and forgot to check that spot, even though I'd used the jack several times before and should have known where the handle was. I wound up sticking the little screwdriver through the hole and cranking it for what seemed like forever :lol::lol: I felt like an idiot when I went to put the jack away and saw the little bastard sitting right where I didn't look for it. But I got the tire swapped :lol:

sorry...this forum practically blows goat nuts so im not always on here.
Team Pony Express

POSTED FROM MY COMPUTER USING A WEB BROWSER

• 5 years later...
Reviving this thread from a coma, any good and STURDY choices? My daughter's boyfriend has a CRV and its jack is longer and stronger than the Legacy's. However, it wouldn't QUITE fit under the front of my lowered GT wagon with a flat. However, it could probably have been slid under by lifting the front corner by the wheel well, or I could have jacked at the rear.

Here's what I went with. Longer and sturdier than the OEM jack, it also has a nice large base so it won't move around. Unfortunately, it won't fit in the circular holder that sits inside the spare because of the base but it will sit upright fully lowered in the bin above it.

Archived