LegacyGT.com

Remove post count - discourage post whoring

I think it's just as silly to remove them. Why not also remove the join date, location, and avatar just so we're all identical? Give is member numbers instead of names too. I've run message boards for 10+ years. If the biggest problem you ever run into is inflated post counts, the board is doing just fine.

Guest *Jedimaster*
[quote name='John M']I think it's just as silly to remove them. Why not also remove the join date, location, and avatar just so we're all identical? Give is member numbers instead of names too. I've run message boards for 10+ years. If the biggest problem you ever run into is inflated post counts, the board is doing just fine.[/quote]

[quote name='John M']I think it's just as silly to remove them. Why not also remove the join date, location, and avatar just so we're all identical? Give is member numbers instead of names too. I've run message boards for 10+ years. If the biggest problem you ever run into is inflated post counts, the board is doing just fine.[/quote]

[quote name='Drift Monkey'][quote name='John M']I think it's just as silly to remove them. Why not also remove the join date, location, and avatar just so we're all identical? Give is member numbers instead of names too. I've run message boards for 10+ years. If the biggest problem you ever run into is inflated post counts, the board is doing just fine.[/quote][/quote] +1 :!:

Can you guys please direct your comments about this issue to this thread that DM has kindly started to battle the tyrany and injustice of the removal of the all powerfull post count... sorry, just having fun. ;) I think I am still drunk from last night's defiling. [url]http://www.legacygt.com/viewtopic.php?p=48868#48868[/url] Thanks!

[quote name='Dr. Zevil']Can you guys please direct your comments about this issue to this thread that DM has kindly started to battle the tyrany and injustice of the removal of the all powerfull post count... sorry, just having fun. ;) I think I am still drunk from last night's defiling. [url]http://www.legacygt.com/viewtopic.php?p=48868#48868[/url] Thanks![/quote] Drinking and posting is not a good combo. Sober up drunkard. :roll: :lol:

[quote name='John M']I think it's just as silly to remove them. Why not also remove the join date, location, and avatar just so we're all identical? Give is member numbers instead of names too. I've run message boards for 10+ years. If the biggest problem you ever run into is inflated post counts, the board is doing just fine.[/quote] I completely agree.

[quote name='Drift Monkey'][quote name='Dr. Zevil']Can you guys please direct your comments about this issue to this thread that DM has kindly started to battle the tyrany and injustice of the removal of the all powerfull post count... sorry, just having fun. ;) I think I am still drunk from last night's defiling. [url]http://www.legacygt.com/viewtopic.php?p=48868#48868[/url] Thanks![/quote] Drinking and posting is not a good combo. Sober up drunkard. :roll: :lol:[/quote] Damn, I am trying.. work isn't helping though. :| Just so you guys know, I have made my thoughts on the post count clear before, but I did not bitch to get it removed. I don't know anyone that has.. just FYI. It's not my decision or any other moderators. We wish we had that much pull :lol: Perhaps it's just a trial run to see how things go, who know's. I personally don't think that we should have a post count.. that's just me. We all have different opinions and I don't know how removing it will effect posting habits. Only time will tell. :?:

Don't really care one way or the other. But since no one else has asked, I ask you, Tide, why was it removed? Please do tell, so that all this mumbo jumbo can stop. Give them a reason, and they will stop bickering. Or so one would hope. We were here to discuss a car, correct? One liners don't make jack of a difference to the potential users of this board, and makes the board look like any other place filled with a-holes that have nothing but stupid critiques. There are many new people to the community, here, and some may find it a childish activity and complete nuisance. So, put their minds at ease, Tide, and go enjoy your b'day. Freak this little debate. Get back to the CAR! Talk about it...fight over it...but not over a count! Apologies for the rant... i.

Guest *Jedimaster*
[quote name='Gumby']5 locked threads in the "Site Suggestions" forum, I miss the good old days....[/quote] You mean back in January? ;)

[quote name='Tide']Yes I find it funny noone has simply just asked why it was removed. Z's right, noone asked to have it removed.[/quote] Who is this noone guy? Surely not peter noone of Herman and his hermits fame! :o So why was the post count removed, most benevolent leader? Also as I'm on a post, a lot has been mentioned of the one word/smiley replies, which usually follow a quote of the post to which the were referring, could it be possible that mods, just delete most of the quote, bar the first line perhaps, so we know which thread is being referred to, but we don't have to look at the same post being quote numerous times on a thread, and avoid any bandwidth problems when the quote includes pictures.

MSB, please don't start new thread on this topic, there are already plenty. I've already stated why I removed them and honestly I'm not up for discussing it further. The decision was made and I don't want to revisit it for a while. [url]http://legacygt.com/viewtopic.php?t=3157&start=30[/url] [quote]Quite frankly Im tired of all the bickering over post counts and post whoring. If it continues past today I will find a permanent solution to the problem. [/quote]

Archived