LegacyGT.com

Recommended CV axle brand?

Hello

Which CV axle brand should i buy?

2 months ago i ordered A1 Cardone Select(front left) from Autopartswarehouse, but now that the right side is about to fail i did some research on A1 Cardone and i found a few bad reviews even though I haven't had any problem with it(yet).

I also found many good reviews for Rockauto and they got APWI, Surtrack, EMPI/Empire and A1 Cardone.

Im not from USA so im not so familiar with all the brands.

My car: 1994(II-gen.) Legacy 2.0L

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Hello

Which CV axle brand should i buy?

2 months ago i ordered A1 Cardone Select(front left) from Autopartswarehouse, but now that the right side is about to fail i did some research on A1 Cardone and i found a few bad reviews even though I haven't had any problem with it(yet).

I also found many good reviews for Rockauto and they got APWI, Surtrack, EMPI/Empire and A1 Cardone.

Im not from USA so im not so familiar with all the brands.

My car: 1994(II-gen.) Legacy 2.0L

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

I got an empi a few years ago.. Has been fine.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

• 8 months later...

Bumping this up, EMPI has been sold to another company in 2013 and the axles are now called EMPIRE. From what I'm hearing the quality is noticeably worse then EMPI.

Sadly I got the EMPIRE axle when I bought it last year. Now the quality seemed good, and I have put about 13k miles on it and it's fine so far.

OEM top, EMPIRE bottom.

http://i160.photobucket.com/albums/t188/covertrussian/Cars/05%20LGT/Drivetrain/Axles/CIMG9585.jpg~original

05 LGT 16G 14psi 290whp/30mpg (SOLD)

12 OBP Stock 130whp/27mpg@87 Oct

00 G20t GT28r 10psi 250whp/36mpg

22 Ascent STOCK

• 2 weeks later...

We've used EMPI and FEQ both seem to be very good for the price difference from OEM. You pay less than 1/3 the price of an OEM and we've installed probably 200-300 over the past 12 years with relatively low failure/DOA rates on them.

-Mike Paisan

http://www.pbase.com/paisan/image/153798190.jpg

Maintaining, Modifying and Educating TriState Enthusiasts since 2001.

Like us on Facebook! | E-mail: sales@azpinstalls.com | 725 Fairfield Ave | Kenilworth, NJ 07033 | 908.248.AZP1 (2971) |AIM: AZP Installs

"Race Tested, Enthusiast Approved!"

Have you purchased/used any of the newer EMPI/Empire axles? Mine has been holding up fine so far, but I wonder if my transmission noise started happening after axle switch.

I believe we have moved over to the FEQ ones.

-Mike Paisan

http://www.pbase.com/paisan/image/153798190.jpg

Maintaining, Modifying and Educating TriState Enthusiasts since 2001.

Like us on Facebook! | E-mail: sales@azpinstalls.com | 725 Fairfield Ave | Kenilworth, NJ 07033 | 908.248.AZP1 (2971) |AIM: AZP Installs

"Race Tested, Enthusiast Approved!"

Archived