LegacyGT.com

RECALL: Gas Cap

Just wanted to let everyone know about this service bulletin. I was filling up gas today...on my next gas refill...I discovered the thing was locked...I suspected the flimsy wire that is attached to the gas cap some how got hooked on to the latch.

Felt like an idiot, so went to the dealership and found out there is a recall on this part. So if it happens to you...don't blame your self.

(It is TSB# 09-40-04 and involves installing a retaining clip on the gas door.

P/N: 49037AG28A) // Thx Opie

Hey thats good info, I was wondering about that. When I open it and that plastic wire thing is just sitting there i always think that when i close it it is going to stick down and get trapped between the gas door and the body of the car. So I have been very careful and when I close the door I make sure that the wire is stuck inside and out of the way.

My check engine light came on last week and they traced it to the cap. The service manager said there were problems with the cap but did not mention a service bulletin or recall. He did say he would order me another cap if it happened again, though.

05 SWP Legacy GT Limited (aka "Pearl")- 5MT AP - Stage 2 Protuned (238/284) - wife driven

07 BMW 335xi

omg people are such whiners.

At the pilot board people complain that the Honda idiots didnt give them the plastic wire but gave them the storage place in the fuel door :eek: and here people complain that they got the wire instead of the storage.:eek:

someone slap these whiney panzees silly!!!!!!:mad:

omg people are such whiners.

At the pilot board people complain that the Honda idiots didnt give them the plastic wire but gave them the storage place in the fuel door :eek: and here people complain that they got the wire instead of the storage.:eek:

someone slap these whiney panzees silly!!!!!!:mad:

Oh puleez....my Nissan gave us both!

Having the gas cap HANG down in the ice/snow covered wheel well is dumb...

Gotta love those NOOBIES!

Gentlemen, it isn't a question of gas caps. It's a question of labelling people "whiny pansies" and other derisive commentary. Various things are problems to various people. Understanding and patience always go a long way.

Thanks,

Kevin

Guest *Jedimaster*
It is a TSB (Technical Service Bulletin) not a Recall.

It is TSB# 09-40-04 and involves installing a retaining clip on the gas door.

P/N: 49037AG28A

Thank you Opie- I was waiting for you to chime in :) Is this something I can pick up and put on myself?

Thank you Opie- I was waiting for you to chime in :) Is this something I can pick up and put on myself?

Hmmm, probably as it just pops into a slot already in the gas door...but it's covered under the warranty and should only take about 5 minutes to do as long as they have the part in stock.

the 1st thing i did was cut that damn thing off so idiots filling my my car cant drop it on my fender. they have to strick it on the pump. can you believe one SOB put it on my trunk! i said WTF is wrong with you. wtf would you put that on my caR? never did anyone do that wiht my acura (honda) cap.

MAYHEM

#122/22 STS NNJR SCCA

AUTOX4U.COM

XENON RETRO GUIDE

Guest *Jedimaster*
the 1st thing i did was cut that damn thing off so idiots filling my my car cant drop it on my fender. they have to strick it on the pump. can you believe one SOB put it on my trunk! i said WTF is wrong with you. wtf would you put that on my caR? never did anyone do that wiht my acura (honda) cap.

Damn, if I ever have to go to NJ (like if I need to experience some bad driving), I'm going to make sure I'm on full so I don't have to have some fool mess my paint up with spilled gas.

What do you all in NJ do while the gas is being pumped for you? Do you just kind of hang out in the car and try not to look at the person pumping it? Do they make you wait in the car for change or are you allowed to go in and pick up a Snickers bar?

Archived