LegacyGT.com

Recalibrating MPG meter?

So I finally got everything installed and got a proper tune, but my 850cc injectors are throwing off the MPG meter. It's showing I'm doing nearly 40 MPG average which is, of course, impossible. Is there any way to recalibrate or is there a formula for me to quickly calculate closer-to-actual MPG based on what is shown?

I was tuned on AccessPort, so is that still applicable? Seems like I should run a few tanks to get experimental values first to figure out my multiplier, so it's gonna be a bit before I can do anything. :p

I dunno how open AP is, but it sounded like they are fairly custom tune friendly too.

05 LGT 16G 14psi 290whp/30mpg (SOLD)

12 OBP Stock 130whp/27mpg@87 Oct

00 G20t GT28r 10psi 250whp/36mpg

22 Ascent STOCK

Interested to see how this works with access port. not that its really such a big deal but its nice to have working properly. same thing here 850cc injectors, read close to 40mpg but the harsh reality hits when your gas tank is empty after 250 miles bahaha. man do i miss the days of stock Access port economy tune getting real 35mpg and almost 450 to a tank with all highway miles.

Interested to see how this works with access port. not that its really such a big deal but its nice to have working properly. same thing here 850cc injectors, read close to 40mpg but the harsh reality hits when your gas tank is empty after 250 miles bahaha. man do i miss the days of stock Access port economy tune getting real 35mpg and almost 450 to a tank with all highway miles.

You got 35mpg out of a 06 spec b? How....

22 Ascent STOCK

The access port economy tune that comes loaded on it brings your boost down to a very granny 7psi. And I just did nys thruway speeds which is like 70-75 which puts your rpms right at 3k. I wish I photographed it once but I was able to get 450 miles on one tank which is 16 gallons which I imagine there had to be a gallon left in the tank do the math is actually 30mpg so maybe I over estimated a little bit. I retract my original statement lol. 30 is still damn impressive seeing that now I average about 15 ahaha

Sent from my HTC6500LVW

30 is still impressive for 70-75mph speeds. I heard bad things about the access port economy tunes, but I guess it might depend on the setup.

i have an 05 LGT with up/dp, K&N filter, cobb stage 2, and i can still get about 26-27mpg doing like 70mph

If your nice to the gas pedal you'd be surprised how well it does

Sent from my HTC6500LVW

To a point, I'm nice to the gas pedal on highway trips, 70mph max, and still get 25mpg. My gauge is usually 1-2mpg optimistic too, thus I do miles/gallons route.

After I'm done with my mods, I might recalibrate the MPG gauge to be more accurate even on stock injectors...

22 Ascent STOCK

• 1 month later...

I may ask my tuner to recalibrate the correction factor when I get retuned with some new components.

I'm on an Infamous tune that was programmed after Shamar started getting sketchy. I haven't seen above 20mpg in any conditions even when I'm driving leisurely.

I just drove 640 miles today and averaged 24 mpg. All of it at 70-75 cruising through WV and va. This is with a halfway tuned stage 4 18g wagon. I saw right around 300 miles before the gas light came on. Needless to say I was surprised.

Sent from my SGH-I747 using Tapatalk

I just drove 640 miles today and averaged 24 mpg. All of it at 70-75 cruising through WV and va. This is with a halfway tuned stage 4 18g wagon. I saw right around 300 miles before the gas light came on. Needless to say I was surprised.

Sent from my SGH-I747 using Tapatalk

I think your math is off..... 300 Miles does not equate to 24 MPG in a 16 Gallon Tank?:confused:

I think your math is off..... 300 Miles does not equate to 24 MPG in a 16 Gallon Tank?:confused:

I didn't fill up at 300,that's just when the light came on. Actual mileage was about 324 miles and approx 14 gallons to fillup to auto stop. That comes out to about 23mpg

Archived