LegacyGT.com

Rear Lip Spoiler - What you think?

babeatto

I don't like that one at all. In my opinion, the Legacy either needs a normal spoiler or no spoiler at all. Little strips like that just disrupt the lines of the car in my eyes. I like my spoiler because it gives me something to lift my trunk open with. ;) I don't like touching paint, so I just lift from the bottom of the brake light and I never have to deal with finger marks on my car. Honestly, the factory spoiler could be the ugliest thing in the world, but if it provided me a way to open the trunk without touching paint then I'd have one. lol

“Cleanliness becomes more important as godliness becomes more unlikely.”

O C D E T A I L S . C O M

OCDETAILS BLOG

Guest JessterCPA

I am a big fan of the lip spoiler. I wish I could trade my big ol' OEM spoiler for that!

Jesse

Agreed. The lip spoiler is the classy, subtle, Euro-look that can't be beat. I think the OE spoiler on the sedan is nothin special and worse than no spoiler at all (in my humble opinion)... and a lip spoiler like this gives it the right look without drawing tons of attention to it.

I am a big fan of the lip spoiler. I wish I could trade my big ol' OEM spoiler for that!

Jesse

Nice input guys. I actually find this spoiler to stand out and have a more agressive look. This is very similar to eavr4's spoiler on his legacy. He modified an m3's lip spoiler to fit his BL5.

Eavr4's got one of the best modified legacies I've seen. Very clean look. Search his car if interested. Don't know if I am allowed to post his car here.

I don't like this particular lip spoiler for some reason.... Maybe it just looks too "stuck on."

I tend to like very subtle spoilers or none at all. My '92 Eclipse and '95 Talon both had factory spoilers that were specific to their year of manufacture, and were not outlandish. The former had the OEM three-piece wrap-around that was rather low-profile, especially by today's standards -but were rather "tacked-on" looking (hey, whaddya expect, I was 17 at the time!) and the latter has the OEM "thumbnail," albeit re-made in true carbon-fiber.

Both the OEM spoiler on my '05 LGT and my wifey's '05 WRX came with the car, and thus we had no option but to take them. If it had been up to us, neither car would have been equipped with this add-on.

I'd love to see a spoiler similar to the design and size of the one above that's better integrated in to the rear of the LGT. The current-model Audi S4 and A6's subtle yet elegant rear deck styling is something that I greatly wish our Legacies picked up upon.

-A

<-- I love Winky, my "periwinkle" (ABP) LGT! - Allen / Usual Suspect "DumboRAT" / One of the Three Stooges

'16 Outback, '16 WRX, 7th Subaru Family

I am wondering if I HAVE to BOLTthis on as well w/ tape? I would rather use 3M tape to stick it on only. Would that work?

That way, I can switch around easily and nicely. I would rather risk someone just ripping it off and taking it then having permanent holes on my trunk.

I don't think that's a canadian Legacy. Looks like the one up at the top of the page and that's the JDM one I think. Look at the front of that silver Legacy in the last picture. It has cleared corners already. That's not USDM work right there. That's not a USDM front end either. The way the foglights look isn't right at all. Those may not be JDM Legacys, but I'd bet they aren't from North America. Probably Europe somewhere that they still drive on the right. It looks like those are left hand drive cars.

“Cleanliness becomes more important as godliness becomes more unlikely.”

O C D E T A I L S . C O M

OCDETAILS BLOG

I am wondering if I HAVE to BOLTthis on as well w/ tape? I would rather use 3M tape to stick it on only. Would that work?

That way, I can switch around easily and nicely. I would rather risk someone just ripping it off and taking it then having permanent holes on my trunk.

with something that small, 3M tape will be just fine. the M3 spoilers are just adhesive, and so are the hoefele spoilers for the VW and Audi cars. I had one on my passat, stuck on fine, never came off, never had any issues with it.

Hofele2.jpg.0c651169083ccb1c8692917ba83c8e5a.jpg

Hofele3.jpg.b26a17868bfcdd31eb8dbe394789182d.jpg

--UPDATE--

I am not too sure about pricing right now, but will let you guys know if you are interested. I am "planning" to get 3 spoilers unpainted. I am hoping the body shop will paint them all white so I can get a better deal in the paint job.

I definitely like this one more than the other spoilers I've seen so far. Best thing is from looking at other's inputs. No need to drill holes on your trunk.

If you don't like it, rip it off / resell it / leave it in your garage.

If it's just one of the common M3 spoilers, they have them on EBay...

some of them are as cheap as 30 bucks, if you wanted to try it out...

Yes, the M3 spoilers are cheap, but you also have to modify it according to one of the previous members. I'd actually prefer one made dedicated for Legacy to avoid any fitment issues. Just my thought ;)

Can you take more (better) pics?

Those were actually the only ones I was given. I wish I had more to see too. But I'm pretty confident it'll turn out great. Can't wait to get the details set and shipped.

IMO....why spend so much money for a tiny spoiler you can barely see? :confused:

So are you saying if you spend money it should be something everyone can see and big such as an STi spoiler? Just a thought.

Archived