LegacyGT.com

Rear Exhaust Garnish Help

Fri501pm25

Im not a noob or idiot...i just got them and the instructions were in japanese....just need to know from those who have them on the sedan whats the precise clearance in inches from the garnish to bumper spacing cause or can anyone send me a PM with the instructions in english or know where i can get them in english....i know how to install them i just want to do it clean and not look like a rice....my LGT is regal blue pearl and i think the garnishs look great....i will show pics when done as well as install pics...

what do you need to do? no directions in english. do you need to cut?

I think you need to drill holes, but there's no real guide as to where to drill them.

phoenix96

2006 Legacy GT Ltd · 2011 Outback 3.6R Ltd · 1992 SVX

2006 Outback 3.0R VDC · 2009 Forester 2.5X

2002 Outback VDC · 1996 Outback 2.5L · 1986 GL-10

place metal piece, tape in place, mark holes with sharpie, remove piece, drill holes, replace piece, drive screws? there's got to be more to it if the OP needs help.

there is no screws just nuts and bolts and they are going to be a bitch to put on....also the instructions that came with the box are in japanese...i got the general impression on how to install them i just wanted to know if there was a english instruction guide or how people who had them installed to exact center cause they dont just pop in and screw they have to be placed on bumper and centered exact....

Or that fugly ass wing

^^^I left teh fugly spottin' to u guys to comment on. In my antiquity, the whole wing-thing and roof aeroflow guides is just bleh! Unless you're runing GT spec where you need the constant downdraft (and you'd better be running aero everywhere else too) at 2" of teh tarmac, then it's just bling.

:soap_box: off... lol

BOT - The garnish looks like it should snap into place with 2-sided tape, but then that would be too easy. Maybe hold it in place with some tape, drill any needed holes and screw it into the bumper cover. Since this is SOJ parts, I doubt you'll see it in English, unless it's also available to our brethren down-under or over across the pond.

Good luck and post up pics when you're done.

SBT

- Pro amore Dei et patriam et populum -

BOT - The garnish looks like it should snap into place with 2-sided tape, but then that would be too easy. Maybe hold it in place with some tape, drill any needed holes and screw it into the bumper cover. Since this is SOJ parts, I doubt you'll see it in English, unless it's also available to our brethren down-under or over across the pond.

Good luck and post up pics when you're done.

SBT

:lol: see post # 4. He should have been done days ago!!!

:lol: see post # 4. He should have been done days ago!!!

That's what I thought too. But... to date... nil heard so either he gave up or got it done and is out enjoying the new look.

SBT

- Pro amore Dei et patriam et populum -

Archived