LegacyGT.com

Re-tuned Stg2, WOW! Dyno chart

dbrunone

So I got my car tuned about a year ago by Jon at TDC. It was better than Cobb's OTS tune, but I still got some hesitation and stuff, plus people's motors have been blowing up with TDC tunes. So this past weekend I took the drive down to MSPT to get it dyno-tuned by Dave Brown. WOW! This map is so much smoother, it makes more power, and the AFR's are actually correct. Dave is phenominal.

The blue line is the TDC tune, the red is MSPT's. This particular pull was at 20psi haha, so it is a little inflated. The final map was 18psi, and it still made 270hp/330tq at that boost. AFR's are around 11.0 at WOT above 3000rpm. Both tunes were done on 93 octane pump gas.

Mods:

Cobb catted DP

Perrin TMIC

AVO high-flow panel filter

AME FS-01 wheels (lighter than stock)

Again, thanks a million to Dave. The car is fantastic to drive now.

79324286_msptstg2.thumb.JPG.45ca0106a3b7b062a2886545605ec216.JPG

^^ Long Island. The dyno is actually at No Limit Motorsport in Medford, which is also on Long Island. I guess it's a dynojet. I got 246hp/305tq on the TDC dyno, and thats pretty close to what I got out of this dyno also.

They use a Dyno Dynamics dyno that has been calibrated to read like a dynojet.

I was going to say it looked extremely generous for a Dyno Dynamics. At least it seems to be loading up the car well. Many DD dyno charts show peak torque really late.

There used to be a DynoJet that was used by a lot of Subie tuners on Long Island. That facility close up a few years ago and No Limit opened up not long after. They installed a Dyno Dynamics and had it calibrated to read like a DynoJet since most of the locals wanted to be able to compare it to tunes from the other facility. Not exactly apples to apples. The Dyno Dynamics is load bearing so you get a more real world load on the car vs the DynoJet.

Nice results. I cant wait for my Tune (plus other stuff) in August/September. I have been limping around on Cobb's Stage 2 OTS tune for awhile now.

I had a TDC Stage 2 map before but it was too aggressive especially at my elevation.

Any idea what they do specifically to help decrease the stutter?

I assume that my old map was knocking, and the ECU learned to retard timing at certain points to get rid of that knock. Dave knows what hes doing, so no knock.

The stock stutter is due to a hole in the AVCS (variable valve timing) tables. It goes something like "20 20 20 20 0 20 20 20"

I assume that my old map was knocking, and the ECU learned to retard timing at certain points to get rid of that knock. Dave knows what hes doing, so no knock.

The stock stutter is due to a hole in the AVCS (variable valve timing) tables. It goes something like "20 20 20 20 0 20 20 20"

That is confirmed?

You are right about the stock AVCS map.

^Dif Dyno's could be the culprit.

It's the same dyno, I was thinking the same as well. Up top it drops like a rock. A better comparison would be the 18psi map, because all that torque would be alot lower. But I can understand the desire of a smoother delivery for sure.

• 1 year later...
I currently have the SPT Catback, and CAI with Heatshield, and recirculated HKS SSQV Blow off valve, looking to do a catless up, and a CNT Catted Downpipe. If I brought my car to Dave would I need to have an accessport or would he be able to just tune the car and give it back to me? How long does it usually take and how much does he charge?

Archived