LegacyGT.com

RBS grill vs. JDM grill

ion

I am thinking about swaping out my stock grill. I like the idea of the RBS grill (esp. the price) compared to the JDM grill. Plus I heard the fit is better with the RBS grill. But I was just curious. How hard is it to place the Subaru (or STi, GT, etc.) emblems on the grill - and get it centered to look JDM/OEM? Also, does anyone have any comparison pics between the two? Are the mesh screens roughly the same? Some of the pics I have seen look like the RBS mesh is not as dense/thick as JDM and you can see the radiator behind it - not sure though, could just be the way the pic was taken.

From what i can tell, the mesh is identical between the two.

Get some 3m double sided tape and use that to stick any logo or emblems to the grill...

Don't bother with the JDM grill when the RBS is a better grill at a cheaper price.

+1

We just had a local mini meet and there was Nendo with the JDM grille and myself with the RBS grille.

The JDM grille is a good fit but doesn't look identical to the RBS grille. The shape is a little different as it is supposed to match up to the shorter JDM bumper.

The RBS grille looks like your stock grill would look like if the guts were hollowed out and the black inside bits were painted body-colour.

The mesh is not an issue on the RBS grille, it is anodized black, sturdy and thick. But the emblem, taken off the factory grille and put on the new grille is a must, IMHO.

+1

But the emblem, taken off the factory grille and put on the new grille is a must, IMHO.

That's my plan. Just picked up my RBS grill in RBP color yesterday. Will post pics when I get the LGT back from the body shop Thurs.

+1

We just had a local mini meet and there was Nendo with the JDM grille and myself with the RBS grille.

The JDM grille is a good fit but doesn't look identical to the RBS grille. The shape is a little different as it is supposed to match up to the shorter JDM bumper.

The RBS grille looks like your stock grill would look like if the guts were hollowed out and the black inside bits were painted body-colour.

The mesh is not an issue on the RBS grille, it is anodized black, sturdy and thick. But the emblem, taken off the factory grille and put on the new grille is a must, IMHO.

gireland, how did you take the emblem off your stock grille? Did you just force it off or heat with hair dryer? How much did you end up paying after all shipping, duty, brokerage, and taxes?

Hey all, on Merv's behalf,

RBS needs three red Legacies to buy grills he has in stock. The special red paint cost RBS more to do, but he's holding firm on the regular price. Help a fellow Subienthusiast out, man.

• 2 years later...

Hello, I'm new to this site.

I live in Auckland NZ and drive a 2001 legacy wagon - it's black.

I am really keen to get a nice new, aftermarket grill on the front of it.

e.g: a RBS or RFRB grill

I have no idea where to find them (esp. in NZ) and would like to fnd out where I can view some options that will fit my model/year legacy and where I can order (new or secondhand) these ... any help would be much appreciated!

Here's an image of what I'm trying to find:

http://legacygt.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=51183&stc=1&d=1207536420

cheers,

Pacelino

893396603_SubaruRFRBGrill.JPG.8f8297c8846ac89bec16479cdf6985af.JPG

• 2 months later...
Way to resurrect an old thread, you guys! rs6er, your grill looks nice, but I would still prefer to keep the Subaru badge up front. It's all in the eye of the beholder! I'm still waiting for the 08 grills to be done.

Archived