LegacyGT.com

RANT: Storrow Drive = Worst Thing EVER!!

Fossil2k2

Storrow Drive between 5:00 and 6:30 might be what hell is like between all the traffic, jerk offs changing lanes and people cutting you off. :mad: Here is the situation:

Me: on my way home from work stuck in slow moving traffic on Storrow Drive West when all of a sudden, Thump! I think to myself, were going 7mph did some jackass really just rear end me :confused: So I get out in the middle of traffic seeing if this really just happened.

Guy: rolls down the window of his shit box Saturn wagon and says "Don't worry, there's no damage"

But OMFG did I want to grab thus guy by the throat and ring his neck screaming at the top of my lungs "I'LL BE THE JUDGE ABOUT THE F***ING DMAGE!!!" I'll spare the boring stuff... there really isn't much damage from what I could see in the dark. I'll have to clean off some of the salt and see what it really looks like This is'nt the fist time I've been rear ended and someone has opend with that line. What's with that???

Anyways... I pose this question: What ammount of damage would you let slide if someone hit you?

Thanks for putting up with my rant :)

depends on the state of the car...if i'm driving a "shit box saturn wagon" (:lol:) then i would let a bit slide, as long as the bumper is not deformed or falling off, i'd be good...but if i'm driving a vehicle that is in prestein condition and you so much as scrath it, i'll probably request that you pay for it...does that answer the question?

A bit of poor form by the person who hit you trying to downplay it. Accidents happen, it's just better to apologize. Maybe he's so easygoing about it because he does this all the time? :spin:

I sure minded less and less about small damage driving an older car...

depends on the state of the car...if i'm driving a "shit box saturn wagon" (:lol:) then i would let a bit slide, as long as the bumper is not deformed or falling off, i'd be good...but if i'm driving a vehicle that is in prestein condition and you so much as scrath it, i'll probably request that you pay for it...does that answer the question?

Yea, I feel the same way. I'd like to think that my car is in pristine condition and it's worth getting any damage fixed, but the fact of the matter is I'm parking on Boston streets the bumpers will get banged up eventually. It's like pissing into the wind.

With that said, I'll be letting this joker off the hook. I'll send him a nice email later today thanking him for not hitting my car any harder. ;) 2

I'd call him up and tell him your neck is bothering you. Let him sweat for awhile.

:lol::lol::lol::lol: Your funny.

In my past experience, even if there is no visible damage, call the cops just in case your neck does start bothering you a day or two after. Get it documented. Most cops wont do anything if there is no damage but get a badge number in case you need proof it happened later on.

If it were me, I would get everything in place to have him cover it. His attitude of "nothing happened" pisses me off... if he screwed up, at least he should be apologetic about it.

I certainly take care of my car... it's not pristine, but it's in great condition. I expect other people to be considerate and not ding my doors, etc... I know it happens, but don't be an idiot about it. The only way these idiots will learn is by seeing a bill from the insurance company over it. Show some respect and consideration.

I guess I'm ranting for you, too, Fossil! I've just seen too many people in parking lots who are too lazy to bring the carts back and just leave them in between cars... on a windy day. And then there are those that simply don't look at all, and bang their door on your car... hell my ex-wife used to do that to my previous car in the friggen garage at home. WTF, people.

Yea, it was mostly his attitude that really set me off. There really wasn't any noticeable damage, so I said screw it.

I have a hatred for people who just don't care to maintain their cars. One of the things that really grinds my gears are people who have bald tires. I'll park somewhere and be walking into a store and notice all the jerks in the parking lot with tires that are clearly unsafe to drive on. I want to whip out a knife and slash them just so they have to get new ones. The shitbox Saturn that hit me probably had bald tires, if he didn't he might not have hit me.

I feel bad for the cars that aren't maintained/taken care of, but I don't care if someone wants to keep their car that way. I just laugh when it leaves them stranded on the side of the road, because they underinflated their tires, or overloaded the vehicle, etc. Or when the car stinks/smells or whatever.

I do get pissed when people carry that same line of thinking onto OTHER people's cars.

In other words, I don't care if you are careless about YOUR car... but don't be careless about mine.

Lol beanboy... I know what you mean. I did end up getting a bike this summer and it's some trip coming into boston where I work every day!

As for Storrow... yeah that sucks a bunch. What I would tell the guy at minimum is... hey, you have to take care of your own car.. pay for a full detail on the bumper.. $100. If he has something to say about it, then just request for his car insurance.

Seriously.. even if it's a minor scratch.. it'll "buff out" only if you get someone to do it! I had someone do that to me when I used to live in Allston/Brighton. My alarm/pager would go off.. I'd go running out in the street with a bat. When I saw scuffed up bumpers I just said.. I'm not going to beat you with the bat, but you hit the car hard enough to move it and set off the alarm.. so please pay for a buff job on the bumper. :)

I feel bad for the cars that aren't maintained/taken care of, but I don't care if someone wants to keep their car that way. I just laugh when it leaves them stranded on the side of the road, because they underinflated their tires, or overloaded the vehicle, etc. Or when the car stinks/smells or whatever.

I do get pissed when people carry that same line of thinking onto OTHER people's cars.

In other words, I don't care if you are careless about YOUR car... but don't be careless about mine.

hahaha i hate the people that drive down the floggin street without clearing the snow off their back windows or roof. real smart for when u come to a halt and all the snow covers ur windshield LMAO and what else really sucks is when u let a friend smok a butt in the back seat and they leave a burn hole and dont tell ya. now that grinds my gears LOL

I'm less concerned with the idiot who doesn't clear off his roof, and then ends up with snow on his back or front window... that's his problem. I'm more annoyed by the people who do this, and it ices up, and then flys into the air on the highway and hits my car. I had a nice big sheet of this ice come off a van in front of me, and slam on my hood - had to have the hood replaced...

Granted, an idiot driver who can't see is worse than one who can... but at least he can be blamed for his idiocy if he wrecks...

I'm less concerned with the idiot who doesn't clear off his roof, and then ends up with snow on his back or front window... that's his problem. I'm more annoyed by the people who do this, and it ices up, and then flys into the air on the highway and hits my car. I had a nice big sheet of this ice come off a van in front of me, and slam on my hood - had to have the hood replaced...

Granted, an idiot driver who can't see is worse than one who can... but at least he can be blamed for his idiocy if he wrecks...

did you pull a citizens arrest on his ass? I would have either tried to get him to pull over or call the cops. THAT BLOWS! :spin:

Storrow Drive is the second worst road in Ma, the South East Distress way is the worst. I had a idiot sideswipe my Honda SI 10 years ago on Storrow and he complained that it was "only a bumper rub":eek:

I luv the curves at night thou:lol:

"Belief does not make truth. Evidence makes truth. And belief does not make evidence."

+1

Storrow Drive is a pleasure to drive at 5:15 in the morning on the way to work. :)

:lol:

Wanna race? just kidding, really:lol::lol::lol:;)

In fact if you drive SLOWLY down Storrow in the summer, you will see the most amazing skid marks,that clearly resulted in death.:lol:

Wow, that was a double 360, just before he found a tree, which hit back in self defense .:lol:

"Belief does not make truth. Evidence makes truth. And belief does not make evidence."

Yeah.. plenty of cops hide out.. although I haven't seen any in a while.. much better to go on the motorcycle than the car.. most cars really can't handle the curves without effort...seen a lot of mini vans and suv's drift lanes because they simply cannot handle that well!

Cops on Storrow... where? There's hardly any space for them to camp or pull cars aside, which may actually make the road a little more dangerous. On the other hand I think I've seen patrol cars near the Esplanade, but closer to Soldiers Field Road there's not much room.

I've seen cops parked near the esplanade but I don't think I've any of them looking to nab speeders. I have seen state police parked on the island where the people get on from copley square. That's usually where I drop a gear and shoot up the left lane to get around the slow pokes.

You should have gotten that idiots license and registration. Odds are he didn't bother with such pesky little details... If so, you could have called the cops and had his car towed away.

Don't blame Storrow drive, blame the driver.

Archived