LegacyGT.com

Will be racing my cousin's S2000 this weekend???

My cousin wants to race me for fun and see what the outcome will be. My 05 5eat(Stock) vs. Cousin's 04 S2000(Stock) except 1.5 in. lowering springs. Will be doing two races, 0-100mph and 25-110mph. What kind of results is expected or do I really have no chance?

raced an s2k at an 1/8 mile. had him off the line (i did not power brake, just floored it) 1/16mile he was catching up vtekkk:lol:, saw him looked at me, by the end of the 1/8 i won by .01sec, think i was going 78ish mph

only mod SPT intake w/ heatshield, was about my 4th run so the intercooler got heatsoaked and was a pretty hot day. s2k was a hardtop w/ cold air & catback

i had a better launch then he did, it was one of my best reactions .04sec i bet he was upset a 4 door 'family' sedan beat his s2k :lol: im also a 5eat

and i forgot, just like the leggy commercial: im also glad i got the one with the hood scoop :spin: :facepalm: :lol:

5eat downshift rev match:):wub:

Powder coated wheels: completed:)

S2000 240 BHP LGT 250BHP THE S2000 probably weighs 300+ lbs less and is putting more power to the ground...that you can draw the conclusion with..the top end on VTECS is very good.

LGT is not 250BHP (250 at the crank) more like 190BHP

being that I have done this race before... If you don't launch the car then he will win as long as he gets any kind of a decent launch.

If you want to win him then hold the brake and rev it to 3500 and release the brake when you go.

You wont win the rolling one no matter what so don't worry about it. In the end your best results will be 1:1.

My cousin wants to race me for fun and see what the outcome will be. My 05 5eat(Stock) vs. Cousin's 04 S2000(Stock) except 1.5 in. lowering springs. Will be doing two races, 0-100mph and 25-110mph. What kind of results is expected or do I really have no chance?

I dont think you stand a chance :redface: sorry

The S2000 wins both. Takes a stage2 LGT to pull an S2000. Ask me how I know. It is at 100mph that the stock LGT starts to catch up. In stage2 form the LGT stays ahead all the way and really leaves at 100mph.

correct me again if I'm wrong but BHP is measured "at the shaft",,,the engine's output shaft. The term dyno They are talking about connects to the engine like a converter- transmission. This is how we measure hp at work on heavy equipment engine.

There's all sorts of methodology & scales to measure horsepower.

They each yield Different figures,,,and it's an eternal argument which is valid,or most valid,,most accurate,most Useful,,,etc,etc.

The rationale of ALL them boil down to ,,"Who's got What Axe to grind".

The various values derived,,and the methods used to obtain them each serve certain purposes better than others.

BHP is usually the largest Numbers,,,measuring strictly Bare Engine Output

RWHP/(or WHP nowdays)--Rear Wheel HP can be considered "Corrected and USEABLE HP".

It will always be Less than BHP due to various losses in delivering the Power to Drive Wheel.

Useful to know BOTH as a comparison,,,to determine efficiencies in various systems taxing Absolute Engine power along the way to Drive Wheels.

correct me again if I'm wrong but BHP is measured "at the shaft",,,the engine's output shaft. The term dyno They are talking about connects to the engine like a converter- transmission. This is how we measure hp at work on heavy equipment engine.

There's all sorts of methodology & scales to measure horsepower.

They each yield Different figures,,,and it's an eternal argument which is valid,or most valid,,most accurate,most Useful,,,etc,etc.

The rationale of ALL them boil down to ,,"Who's got What Axe to grind".

The various values derived,,and the methods used to obtain them each serve certain purposes better than others.

BHP is usually the largest Numbers,,,measuring strictly Bare Engine Output

RWHP/(or WHP nowdays)--Rear Wheel HP can be considered "Corrected and USEABLE HP".

It will always be Less than BHP due to various losses in delivering the Power to Drive Wheel.

Useful to know BOTH as a comparison,,,to determine efficiencies in various systems taxing Absolute Engine power along the way to Drive Wheels.

I dont know the correct terms :lol: i know people say 'crank horse power' 'brake horse power' and 'wheel horsepower'

:lol: I just looked up what BHP really means, Sorry:lol: yea i guess i was thinking about BHP

Soo many different terms:spin:sooo confusing:lol:

That's a close one. I wouldn't try it from a roll, your best bet would be race from a dig and see what happens. They claim something like mid-5 seconds to 60 on the S2000. What does the 5EAT need, probably mid-high 6s?

At stage 2 you would probably take him with ease (especially from a dig) Stock you would probably want to hope he gets a terrible launch and/or spins a bit. Legacy can do low to mid 6's to 60 with a launch and s2000s do mid to high 5.5-6 with a launch.

I guess it wouldn't make much of a difference, if I had a manual tranny. We got a nice cool breeze outside today, so I'm meeting up with him at 6pm. Like I said, it's just for fun.

Get your terminology right. Our cars have 190WHP. At the wheels.

And for the rest of you, this potential street racing thread gets to be closed. You know that.

And to the OP- if you do indeed perform this street race with your cousin, don't come back telling us all how it went. We have a no street racing policy on this forum. THis has been in place for years.

Archived