LegacyGT.com

quiet , no drone cat back

motorbykemike

so the stock cbe on the brides 05 lgt is showing some fairly gnarly rust in the flanges where the y bolts to the cans , i know if i touch em they will crumble , 'tween that and the other wear/age/rusty spots i figure a nice affamahket cbe may be in order .

i like the stealthy quiet of the stock cbe but also like a nice tone in aftermarket , not loud.

looking for a decent cbe that is not raspy , not fartbox honda loud , does not drone down the highway or rattle against everything under the car cause it does not fit correctly, or drag on the street cause it hangs down (car is about 1/2"-3/4" lower btw)

car is the brides daily driver , it has a few mods that a nice cat back may support

cobb ap (currently opensourced)

perrin lwcp

killer bee pickup

dw740cc inj

perrin tmic

gfb blow off in 100% recirc

drop in filter

perrin 2 pc / 2 cats dp

invidia up

vf52 at 17 lbs

turbo blanket

spt heat shield

fresh 5eat w/ custom shift kit

i plan on adding a fuel pump and 3 port ebcs

car has stock sway bars and it's staying that way

other than some rear bushings that will need replacing soon , chassis and suspension is done

i like the look of the stock tips so i'm leaning towards singles but quads would be acceptable if they were ss

fit or ability to tweak the tips to fit the bumper cover cutouts is important to me

your input is welcomed

Your right, but isn't the spt droney as crap? The invidia is pretty quite until you stomp on it, and looks the best of the available quad tips.

zero drone.

Borla is much quieter, but is also smaller piping.

Is the Invidia Q300 that much terribly louder. I'm looking for a good CBE to go with my new BNR 16G, catless up and catted DP. I've been looking at the HKS silent hi power, but he Q300 looks good too, and at $400-$500 less, seems like a better deal. I also like the look of the Megan single tip, but there is not a lot of info on that exhaust.

I have the Invidia Q300 in my Leggy. It is VERY tame but it sounds VERY good. You can not hear it at all on the highway just cruising, but it is noticeable when you step on it. Heads really wont turn unless you are blasting the gas. Only problem I see for you, is that the y part of the pipe is somewhat low, so you may have a clearence issue going over bumps.

you can also check out the CNT quad tipped- if they have any left. $350- pretty quiet. I have one but haven't been able to put it on yet so no personal experience. There is a thread about it in the Exhaust section

is'nt the spt 2-1/2 mid or necks down to that at the dp ?

i like the quiet of the spt for sure but looking for 3"

i'm on a vf52 / 5eat , looking for throttle repsonse/quick spool

Yes, the SPT necks down to a round 2.5" donut flange. The rest is 3". You can either cut the neck off and weld on a piece of 3" pipe and a flat 3" flange, or you can just use an adapter. Either way, it shouldn't make a difference in performance or noise. And again, the SPT droned at highway speed for me, mated to an Invidia catted DP.

• I Donated
I have the Invidia Q300 in my Leggy. It is VERY tame but it sounds VERY good. You can not hear it at all on the highway just cruising, but it is noticeable when you step on it. Heads really wont turn unless you are blasting the gas. Only problem I see for you, is that the y part of the pipe is somewhat low, so you may have a clearence issue going over bumps.

Other engine/turbo/exhaust mods?

megan quad tip ........................ quiet?/????????????

initial impressions

not as quiet as i would like but no bs this car woke up , needed a different tune

hwy drone is as of yet untested

fit is ok , the y is a little low but other than that the back half fits good , the front half/mid isn't just quite right , thankfully the tips line up in the cutouts (they're getting slashcut after settling) , cans protrude less than stock , flex joint is uber close to heatshield and the subsequent mount on the other side of it , when the whole shebang flexes just the right way i get an intermittent thumping from it smashing up against the hs

wife wants it quieter but digs the note , me too , on the plus side , more turbo spoolies and it's far more responsive / less lag , mpg i would expect to go up

at wfo it sounds like air is getting mashed through it , almost masking the note , like on old crown vic cop car , thats kinda sneaky compared to an open roar

deff not "race car" exhaust sounding , which is good , not all blingy after getting murdered , i may have to "refine" though

subie blurpyboxer idle is more presnt now / i dig , she ???

cleaned the whole thing up really good and painted all but the tips and mid pipe header black , looks sedate

may make a new mid w/ a diff layout and bigger or more importantly quieter muffler , fix the (i think thats it,) rub and shut it up at the same time

quiet is nice

Archived