LegacyGT.com

Question about OEM SUBwoofer

eatgeegee

I've seen a few people with Spec.B's on here put the sub under the passenger seat because the stock navigation system sits under the driver's seat. It looked like the only modification that needed done was to bend the bracket that attaches the sub to one of the seat legs a little differently because it wasn't designed to be put on that side, or just use some velcro to hold it down.

I've seen a few people with Spec.B's on here put the sub under the passenger seat because the stock navigation system sits under the driver's seat. It looked like the only modification that needed done was to bend the bracket that attaches the sub to one of the seat legs a little differently because it wasn't designed to be put on that side, or just use some velcro to hold it down.

so i guess spec b would be allow to put another oem sub undernearth the passenger side , but not the legacy or LGT without modification then?

It might fit in a GT. I was figuring it wouldn't because my experience when I replaced the factory sub with a 2 channel amp. It's slightly bigger than the sub and it fit under the drivers seat but there was no way it was fitting under the passenger seat.

I think the biggest problem is getting the pass seat bolts off. Mine need a specail tool.
Racer X FMIC for '05-'09 LGTs, '08+ WRX and '10+ LGT,'14+ FXT, and '15+ WRX TMIC Racerxengineering.com

I don't think there was a definite answer:p. The best thing to do is test it out. Find a book roughly the size of the sub and stuff it under there. Move the seat back and forth and see if it hits.

you don't need to use the bracket. Just might sure that the sub is secured by the double side tape they give you. Mine hasn't move seen I put it in without the bracket but mine is under the drive side. I had an old kit for a 01 Imprezza so my bracket didn't fit, that is why I didn't use the bracket.

10" x 8.5" x 2" give or take a 16th

I just went out to the car and checked with the sub in my hand. Part of the seat frame interferes with sliding it all the way under the seat. From what I can tell it would have to be mounted further back than on the driver's side but the seat shouldn't hit it.

10" x 8.5" x 2" give or take a 16th

I just went out to the car and checked with the sub in my hand. Part of the seat frame interferes with sliding it all the way under the seat. From what I can tell it would have to be mounted further back than on the driver's side but the seat shouldn't hit it.

hey OGG, so can you help me out to test fit the oem subwoofer see if the sub able to fit undernearth the passenger side? any hit ? :rolleyes:

From what I can tell it can be done but it would have to be turned 90 degrees from how it mounts under the driver's seat or it would stick out pretty far.

The bars that interfere are part of the frame that doesn't move under the seat and since the passenger seat doesn't go up and down it should fit.

Personally I wouldn't bother with a stock sub. It's a joke:lol:.

I put a Kenwood KSC SW1 in the cargo tray in my wife's '05 wagon and sounds SOOOO much better than the stock unit and has more output even buried in the back.

From what I can tell it can be done but it would have to be turned 90 degrees from how it mounts under the driver's seat or it would stick out pretty far.

The bars that interfere are part of the frame that doesn't move under the seat and since the passenger seat doesn't go up and down it should fit.

Personally I wouldn't bother with a stock sub. It's a joke:lol:.

I put a Kenwood KSC SW1 in the cargo tray in my wife's '05 wagon and sounds SOOOO much better than the stock unit and has more output even buried in the back.

so i guess, the way of suppose to install at the passenger side will be different than the driver side if we consist to do it, and i dont think we suppose to put another oem subwoofer undernearth the passenger side seat anyways, for factory recommendation? we suppose need on the driver side for oem subwoofer?

• 2 weeks later...

Archived