LegacyGT.com

ProSport gauges owners - Satisfaction survey

BOXRPWR

Rate your Satisfaction Index with ProSport Gauges  

31 members have voted

1. 1. Rate your Satisfaction Index with ProSport Gauges

• Very Satisfied - no real problems (definately buy again)
    • Satisfied - works well enough (buy again on a budget)
    • Marginally Satisfied - work okay (buy another brand if you can)
    • Not Satisfied - suck, problems etc. (would not buy again)

bought the Cubbypod. need to buy two gauges to install. prices for the ProSport series are unbeatable.....but I'm haunted by the ol' saying "you get what you pay for."

so I thought I'd survey all you guys with ProSport gauges installed already. how do you feel about them? are they really color-matched well with the Legacy instrument cluster? how is the response rate? some gauges can display a noticable lag or delay due to a slow signal processor.

please comment on your positive and negative experiences for prospective buyers to benefit from.

especially curious about those with both oil temp and oil pressure gauges. how did you wire them up? did you use the waffle plate adapter for the oil filter? etc.

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Pretty good match, boost gauge is 1 psi out but it's only an indication.

Boost gauge was simple to install, T off the BOV line, then under the driver's fender wall.

Oil gauge was a bit more awkward, used the Subaru plug adapter to go into the upper gallery, a crows foot wrench is the only way to be sure it's in there tight.

I'd buy them again if I was doing another car.

I have the Electric boost installed in AVO pod. Also have the EGT, and Oil Pressure in the Cubby pod, just havent hooked up the sensors yet. Color match is Close but not 100% the white is really close. A little brighter, but damn close. The needle is red, not the orangy/amber of the stock gauges. For the price they cannot be beat. FYI I tapped boost at the BCS at the front of the engine, not the BOV. Boost reads dead on with the AP. If you hook them up just the right way, you can get them to be red during opening ceremony and then turn white when the dash goes white, also have mine hooked up so they time perfectly with the dash sweep.

Click

Here everyday:redface:

I have the mech. Boost and elec. Oil Temp. Boost reads 1PSI low, and I'm lazy and haven't bought an adapter to put the small BSPT probe into my 3/8 NPT port. Color is good. Wife likes them. Not dimming not a problem so far, if get too bright, I shut door to CubbyPod. Thanks Cas:) So far very good. I think I would like the Defi's but I can't justify paying that much. I'll prolly buy elec. boost someday. The opening ceremony, while a nice touch, does not happen at the same time as the dash gauges, so is kinda pointless. Other than that....

ProSport FTW

Many Shuvs and Zuuls knew what it was to be roasted in the depths of the Slor that day, I can tell you!

I have the mech. Boost and elec. Oil Temp. Boost reads 1PSI low, and I'm lazy and haven't bought an adapter to put the small BSPT probe into my 3/8 NPT port. Color is good. Wife likes them. Not dimming not a problem so far, if get too bright, I shut door to CubbyPod. Thanks Cas:) So far very good. I think I would like the Defi's but I can't justify paying that much. I'll prolly buy elec. boost someday. The opening ceremony, while a nice touch, does not happen at the same time as the dash gauges, so is kinda pointless. Other than that....

ProSport FTW

I'll have to go out and find it, but if wired correctly it will match up in the opening ceremony, to the dash gauges. It is a hair bit faster in the sweep, but close enough that the average person couldnt tell. Mine are set to stay red( not the amber) while the dash is red, and the white LED's com on when the dash turns on white.....needless to say it can be done, just have to tap the right wires.

Click

Here everyday:redface:

They're ok for the money. Sometimes my oil pressure gauge will "jiggle" abnormally while at idle. I have a electric boost gauge waiting to get installed sometime soon.

Installation-wise, if you're going to do oil temp, I would highly recommend using the sandwich plate adaptor method.

I'll have to go out and find it, but if wired correctly it will match up in the opening ceremony, to the dash gauges. It is a hair bit faster in the sweep, but close enough that the average person couldnt tell. Mine are set to stay red( not the amber) while the dash is red, and the white LED's com on when the dash turns on white.....needless to say it can be done, just have to tap the right wires.

please do tell...

Mine look great. I agree about the white... it is SLIGHTLY off from factory color.

For the money you cannot beat it. You get better service than any other gauge company out there... which you would not expect with these prices. That alone is awesome. But the packaging and shipping is A+, and you get a gauge hood and sticker as well. That is just above and beyond and at these prices I think another little 'adder' that is nice.

Glenn is awesome at replying to emails, and from what I have heard everyone has been very impressed. There were a couple of issues, and Glenn addressed them ASAP - even while out of the country.

I am being honest... not just because I promote their product. If there were bad reviews and I was not happy with them, I would not promote them... simple as that.

They actually sell nice T-shirts too.... lol. Seriously... they are also cheap and great quality. I have one.

i'm liking mine. :) not exactly perfect, but for the price... oh well. still looks great and works great IMO.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v384/trdvibe/Boost%20Guage%20and%20LCD%20Installed%20Sept%203%2006/CIMG9298.jpg

Wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle yeah!!!

i'm liking mine. :) not exactly perfect, but for the price... oh well. still looks great and works great IMO.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v384/trdvibe/Boost%20Guage%20and%20LCD%20Installed%20Sept%203%2006/CIMG9298.jpg

My boost reads low also.

Many Shuvs and Zuuls knew what it was to be roasted in the depths of the Slor that day, I can tell you!

Please explain how to do it "correctly"

Bob

Archived