LegacyGT.com

Prodrive Photoshop Request (^_^)

Legacy_Otaku

Hi All,

Huge favor: Can someone please Photoshop the following Prodrive Wheels onto a 2005 Silver Legacy GT? :)

(Click on the small pic in each link to get the High Res Wheel image.)

* Prodrive GC-05F (Silver)

http://www.rallysportdirect.com/shop/prodrive-gc05f-silver-p-1371.html

* Prodrive GC-05F (British Black)

http://www.rallysportdirect.com/shop/prodrive-gc05f-british-black-p-2122.html

* Prodrive GC-05F (Gold)

http://www.rallysportdirect.com/shop/prodrive-gc05f-gold-p-2123.html

(Or if you have any real pics of them on this car color that's fine :icon_wink).

Thanks!

Mike I'm assuming those GC05F's are 18's? How much worse did your gas milage get with the heavier wheels? I'm afraid if I slap a set on I'm going to see a lot worse than what I have now and my 18G demands more gas....... Plus with more weight it prolly made the car a bit slower no?

Mike I'm assuming those GC05F's are 18's? How much worse did your gas milage get with the heavier wheels? I'm afraid if I slap a set on I'm going to see a lot worse than what I have now and my 18G demands more gas....... Plus with more weight it prolly made the car a bit slower no?

Weight is relative... ;) My stock spec.B wheels (18x7") with tires weigh more than either the Prodrive GC-05F or the Advan RS (18x8.5") with tires. Also, I don't really monitor gas mileage as the Legacy isn't my daily driver.

In terms of speed, I'm running a slightly smaller overall diameter (215/45/18 stock vs. 235/40/18) and lighter wheels/tires, so it's actually probably a bit quicker. :)

Honestly, I think that your gas mileage will be more affected by your 18G and how often you really use the gas pedal, than the slight increase in weight from a set of 18" GC-05Fs. However, if you're that concerned, you could always get them in a 17" size that weighs ~1lb. or so less per wheel.

-Mike-

Hey Redfly17,

I thought the Stock Wheels were ~20 lbs. each, IIRC (from reading a few sites)? So these Prodrives Mike are definitely lighter.

Congrats on the 18G! :) Let me know how it feels.

Thanks. I've had the 18G for a long time. Actually, it is DB's first 18G which was made in an IHI housing. Running real well. 0 issues at all. And I'm close to 280whp since the last time I Protuned the car.

Quick question... does anyone know if I could buy a set of GC-05F's made from the Sti? I came across a set that was used for a good deal. Or would these not fit at all.

Weight is relative... ;) My stock spec.B wheels (18x7") with tires weigh more than either the Prodrive GC-05F or the Advan RS (18x8.5") with tires. Also, I don't really monitor gas mileage as the Legacy isn't my daily driver.

In terms of speed, I'm running a slightly smaller overall diameter (215/45/18 stock vs. 235/40/18) and lighter wheels/tires, so it's actually probably a bit quicker. :)

Honestly, I think that your gas mileage will be more affected by your 18G and how often you really use the gas pedal, than the slight increase in weight from a set of 18" GC-05Fs. However, if you're that concerned, you could always get them in a 17" size that weighs ~1lb. or so less per wheel.

-Mike-

If tuned correctly MPG should actually increase;)

Width of the tire also hurts:(

Toyota 6EATS .........SUCK!!!!!!

Thanks. I've had the 18G for a long time. Actually, it is DB's first 18G which was made in an IHI housing. Running real well. 0 issues at all. And I'm close to 280whp since the last time I Protuned the car.

Quick question... does anyone know if I could buy a set of GC-05F's made from the Sti? I came across a set that was used for a good deal. Or would these not fit at all.

Hey Redfly17,

Re: 18G - Nice! Sounds like a winner :).

Re: GC-05F's from the STi? I think the easier thing for you to do is ask the original Owner what the specs are (what Offsets, etc.).

FYI: If it's the JDM GC-05F 18x8, that was made w/ a 43 offset (which going by Xenonk's FAQ is just on the minimum range, and pending the tire, you might get into some fender rolling needs). There's a US-exclusive GC-05F 18x8 w/ a 46 offset (confirmed w/ ProDrive USA), that would fit the LGT much better.

Peace~

If the wheels were on a 2004 STi, you'll be fine (5x100 bolt pattern). If they were on a 2005+ STi, they won't fit.

If tuned correctly MPG should actually increase;)

Not the way I drive. :p

-Mike-

Archived