LegacyGT.com

Power seat guys, need some help

ShockerGT

I'm in the process of installing my 07 Spec B seats into my 05 non-limited GT.

I'm installing the passenger side seat first and I installed most of the wires, but I have 3 wires left over (2 small and one medium) and I have one clip opening which I'm guessing is for the passenger airbag (but non of the wires I have fit into the one opening).

Also, where is the seatbelt mounted to. On my old cloth seats the belt was attached to the seat rail and came out of an opening in the plastic, but the Spec B seats are not set up the same way.

Pictures would help too, thanks!

Here are some very crappy pics I took with my camera phone of the 3 plugs

http://www.mustangmods.com/ims/u/3316/7664/263062.jpg

http://www.mustangmods.com/ims/u/3316/7664/263063.jpg

http://www.mustangmods.com/ims/u/3316/7664/263064.jpg

http://www.mustangmods.com/ims/u/3316/7664/263065.jpg

It also appears that one of the wires are for the alarm as it goes off 60 seconds after I lock the car. I'm not 100% sure, maybe its because a new seat was put in and the sensor needs to be reset?

And a final update; I installed the stock seat back in and everything went back to normal. Alarm doesn't kick itself on after 60 seconds, airbag light isn't on anymore.

I'm guessing to look into possibly getting my hands on an 07+ wiring harness for the seats/airbag?

yellow as you may already know is universal for airbags in the car. Every yellow harness or wire loom you see inside is for airbags.

iirc, the airbag system is different in 06+ cars. Is it possible that you are missing something or they updated the system from 05-06+?

"The penalty good men pay for indifference to public affairs is to be ruled by evil men." - Plato

05 did not have seat memory no.

This is interesting information tho. I was not aware that they were changed to this level.

Sorry I coudln't be of more help, but I appreciate the work you're doing!

"The penalty good men pay for indifference to public affairs is to be ruled by evil men." - Plato

05 did not have seat memory no.

This is interesting information tho. I was not aware that they were changed to this level.

Sorry I coudln't be of more help, but I appreciate the work you're doing!

Im going to look at the sensors today and see if I can swap them for the ones on my 05 without any issues.

If that doesnt work, then I guess I'll throw them up for sale.

Would be a shame to sell them, they look so good with my Regal Blue exterior :(

Decided not to go through with it. Opie told me that an easier way than to make the Spec B seats work is to take the cover and cusion off the 07 seats and put them on the 05 seats, but one of the other reasons I wanted these seats was for the power adjustment. :(

pull the covers and put em on! that would look so nice!

i dunno i have an 05 and i bought some seats from a guy that were powered but everything went on fine.

maybe i got lucky and they just happened to be 05's :confused:

I would do that if I had powered seats, but now I'd need to buy powered 05 seats and do the swap, it's just way too much hassle for me to go through.

I think I'll be looking at Evo X Recaros next go around and get a bracket made to work with the stock manual rails.

Here is my for sale thread if anyone is interested http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php?t=99824

AFAIK 06+ driver seats plugs/bolts on into an 05 fine. It's the passenger seat that is the problem and requires frankensteining the seat by keeping the 05 seat base (on the occupant sensor).

I remember reading the memory module is a separate piece and is not mounted on the seat itself. Not sure what does it take to retrofit it though.

AFAIK 06+ driver seats plugs/bolts on into an 05 fine. It's the passenger seat that is the problem and requires frankensteining the seat by keeping the 05 seat base (on the occupant sensor).

I remember reading the memory module is a separate piece and is not mounted on the seat itself. Not sure what does it take to retrofit it though.

I can't say for sure the driver's side seat is a plug and play install. I decided not to try after the problems I had with the passenger side. The seats will bolt up just fine, its just Subaru decided to change sensors for the 06+ cars.

my friend put sti airbag-less seats in his wrx, of course the airbag light came on but he fixed that with a 10ohm resistor.

if ihad those seats id make em work somehow... (find an electronic whiz, usaully you can find a smart cookie at an audio shop some of those guys love a good challange)

for my 05 seats everything plugged right up and it didnt originaly come with power seats so who knows....

my friend put sti airbag-less seats in his wrx, of course the airbag light came on but he fixed that with a 10ohm resistor.

if ihad those seats id make em work somehow... (find an electronic whiz, usaully you can find a smart cookie at an audio shop some of those guys love a good challange)

for my 05 seats everything plugged right up and it didnt originaly come with power seats so who knows....

I've tossed around the idea of disabling the side airbag, but I bought these with the intent of everything working, If I had known what I know now about the wiring system, I would be still looking for Evo X seats instead.

I don't want to be splicing/cutting wires and messing with the side airbag in hopes of making it work, because I wouldn't want something happening to them during normal operation.

Right now I just want to cut my losses and sell these seats for what I paid pre-shipping and just take the loss as a lesson learned and maybe I can help people learn that in the future, there is a little more work to do than a simple plug and play for the 05 guys for any 06+ seats...

Archived