LegacyGT.com

post swap exhaust options

hi everyone,

gonna be swapping wrx into my 98 LGT wagon here on a few months and was curious what downpipe and catback options i have. i know i can always have something made or lengthened to fit at an exhaust shop but id prefer to not if i can help it. at the same time tho i cant think of any combos that would work? thanks for the help

ok cool thanks swagon, thats kinda what i thought but wasnt sure if anything from forester or something else may suffice. what is your setup like? all the ones ive heard after being chopped and lengthened sound really raspy and tinny in higher RPMs which is what im ultimately trying to avoid.

ok cool thanks swagon, thats kinda what i thought but wasnt sure if anything from forester or something else may suffice. what is your setup like? all the ones ive heard after being chopped and lengthened sound really raspy and tinny in higher RPMs which is what im ultimately trying to avoid.

To avoid the rasp, add a resonator.

^ not a bad idea. why you think a wrx with an A/M turboback isnt raspy tho and a LGT wagon with a 2.0l and and an A/M turboback is? both without resonators. thats what i dont get.

^ not a bad idea. why you think a wrx with an A/M turboback isnt raspy tho and a LGT wagon with a 2.0l and and an A/M turboback is? both without resonators. thats what i dont get.

:iam:

Maybe something to do with the length of the piping. The wrx has to have a shorter cat-back.

Regardless, the resonator will definitely get rid of the rasp and give it a lower tone.

• I Donated

Who says this?

-broknindarkagain

My Current Project - Click Here

COME AND TAKE IT

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing."

Nick, yeah I think you're on to something and that's probably what I'll wind up doing. Brok, nobody "says this" because cars can't talk, it's what the 5 or so swaps on wagons I've heard with lengthened exhausts sound like and I'd like to avoid it. Not that it sounds horrible but just not right. And yeah, 1055, WTF are you talking about?? Lol

Who says this?

Y u no write like human

What the fuck are you talking about?

:iam:

buy an exhaust off of nengun and use a usdm length downpipe. should match the length since the JDM downpipe is shorter the catback is longer. itll probably reach the back.

fujitsubo ganador kakimoto FTW, except the ganador i want is over 2k :/

Ill actually post videos of my exhaust setup to give you an idea. my car has a 03 wrx engine with catless 3" up and down pipes to a 2.5" magnaflow catback definitely needs a resonator welded in at the minimum because it rasps so hard until it warms up and even then is still loud. my idle is like 86 decibels and my city is piloting a photo noise snare anything over 95 decibels gets their photo taken and a 200$ ticket lol so needless to say my exhaust will get chopped up I hope I can bring it down a couple points with a resonator and muffler change.

Archived