LegacyGT.com

Plug for Carlsen Subaru Service Dept.

JuxtaGT

As some of you know, I've had a problem with my drivetrain for a little while. First, I thought it was the FR wheel bearing, but I replaced it and the problem didn't go away. I then went on to try and figure it out in this thread.

I finally got over my fear of the dealer and decided I should at least have them say no to doing it under warranty before exploring other options. My car is Stg. II, though I took out the Perrin TMIC before taking it in. Otherwise, I left it with full header back exhaust, KW V2's, and Cusco F/RSB in.

The tech rode around with me Monday morning, and confirmed the noise. They diagnosed it as a center diff issue, and fixed it under warranty. The car was ready by Tuesday afternoon. Got a free rental car as part of the warranty work (paid a little bit more to get the Dodge Charger instead of the Kia Spectra that Enterprise wanted to give me :icon_wink ).

So, they didn't void my warranty or anything, just did the work and got it done. Very happy with the outcome, and the silence from the drivetrain is nice to have back. Since the average person tells 9 people about an experience if it's bad, and 3 if it's good, I thought I'd try to buck that trend in this case.

You dropped off your car Monday morning, around 8ish?? I think i saw you then. Lemme guess....bike rack on top, sti front lip, and you were wearing shorts??

I was on the right side of the service bay, with the slightly lowered BSM. Didn't even notice the car was there until I was heading into the waiting room to wait for the rental car company to pick me up.

Just to add another (small) data point for Carlson (Redwood City, CA), a couple of months ago the dome light in my 2005 LGT Wagon went out and since I was down that way I stopped into Carlson about 4:30 one afternoon and told them about it. They replaced the bulb and did the paperwork, all without a prior reservation, and I was out the door in under 30 minutes. Everyone was very friendly as well.

^^ Yup, that was me. Rode my bike from the dealer to work. I saw you and your car and was sorta wondering, but you never know who might think you're nuts for asking if they are on some random web forum. :icon_wink Your car was also sitting out front when I came in to pick it up Wednesday morning, wasn't it?

Archived