LegacyGT.com

Please tell me if this sounds right (engine rpms Vs. Boost)

Car is a protuned 05 LGT 5EAT stage 2+FMIC+AVO intake.

I like to drive the car around in manual mode becuase i love the way i can control the rpms, the boost pressure, the intake, basically i can control alot more and not feel like an anemic Auto driver (whic i know i am). Ok so i want you to tell me,please, if what im hearing and seeing on my gauges is what is actully supposed to be going on.

Ok so 4th gear, and 5th gear are w/e becuase thats pretty much never in the boost zone, its mainly 1st through 3rd which seem to have the same sounds/feeling/info showing.

From a stop in 1st gear manual i give the car gas slowly and constantly slowly pushing it further...as the rpms raise the boost comes on at approxamitly 2800-3100 rpms at this point the boost gauge slowly passes the 0 point and shows its in boost (usually maxes out at about 8) as well as an audible signal which is i start hearing the intake "inhaling".

"Inhaling" continues till about 5700rpms where it changes to a different sound, the boost pressure drops down to almost 0, and im assuming the dfferent sound is the turbo boost is being wastegated...am i right that this other sound is wastegate letting off boost?

When i shift into 2nd gear the assumed wastegate sound goes back to "inhaling" and in the boost rises again from 0 to about 10ish max. Still sound right?

3rd gear is exactly the same as 2nd gear except it usually maxes at 12/13psi.

Does everything sound right, im very careful/cautious about certain stuff, and the best experts are the people that actully hear and see the same stuff as me.

Unless your boost gauge is off stage 2 tune should give you about 17-18 psi in 3rd gear or above. 12-13 psi is about stock boost. I also found it strange that you can't get into boost in 4th or 5th gear. Like DrewLGT says you should also be holding boost all the way to red line, it should be lower than your peak boost but it should still see about 10-12 psi depending on your tune. Take the car back to your tuner and get it look at.

let me reiterate that this isn't when aggrisvly driving this is like slow acceleration from a stop to the speed limit. basicaly nothing more then say half throttle.

:spin: In which case, what exactly are you concern about, the noise?

If you hold it to the floor how much boost do you get? And what is the boost at redline, if its at 0 when your flooring it something is wrong. I still have the stock intercooler on my 05 5EAT but i hit 17-18psi and at redline its at 10-11psi like was said earlier. Thats what should happen to your car.

if im hard accelerating 3rd maxes at about 17psi and 4th and 5th are maxed around 20 psi. I don't think first and second go anywhere past 10psi. question was more like is the sound im hearing normal or should I not be able to hear it wastegate

Archived