LegacyGT.com

Please Sticky: Tire discussions related to the Tire reviews (only) thread

tantal

How about we start a second sticky thread to discuss the tire reviews compendium thread. This is a place for people who are interested in discussing tires that are reviewed in the tire sticky thread, but who would really prefer not to be tools about posting non-review posts in the review sticky thread.

That way we can keep the tire review sticky thread on topic, and people can show off their knowledge or their ability to post crap on this thread, and the sticky thread can be JUST tire reviews.

I would like to impress on everyone just how important and valueable a thread directly comparing all of the tires people run in a single place is, without all of the useless OT posts in the sticky. Please somebody delete all of the useless posts in that thread or transfer them here, to keep that thread valuable. As it is the sticky thread is less than half posts about tire reviews - its going to be completely worthless in a bit.

Go ahead and tell me what an asshat I am in this thread, please not in the other thread.

I am hoping to take all of the discussion peeps wanted to have on the tire _review_ sticky thread, and put it here.

So, discuss anything here that you want about the tire review thread, that way we can keep that thread just reviews.

Ask for updates on this thread, for example, or post here that you updated your review,

etc etc.

Thanks for taking the reigns on this Tantal.

I'll add here, as has been asked many times already ... 225/45/17 seems to fit very comfortably on the stock 17X7 wheels. I was concerned about the tires being flared, but they appear very square and really haven't seemed mushy yet. Personally running RE050A PP in this size.

Thanks for taking the reigns on this Tantal.

I'll add here, as has been asked many times already ... 225/45/17 seems to fit very comfortably on the stock 17X7 wheels. I was concerned about the tires being flared, but they appear very square and really haven't seemed mushy yet. Personally running RE050A PP in this size.

Sure NP.

I'm running the non PP on 17x7 BBS RK's (as I've said o a million times now, sorry :) ), and I agree. This combination of wheel and tire sizes is absolutely fine.

Now, for ultimate, on the limit cornering response (but prob not _grip_), a wider wheel should be better, but IMVHO 17x7.5 is about the limit - wider would not be worth it.

Archived