LegacyGT.com

A pillar trim SOAKED Common issue?

Alright so I just pulled into work and I noticed a lite spot on the a pillar trim... so I went to go see if I could wipe it off... the ENTIRE a pillar trim is soaked completely. More wet towards the bottom. although the whole thing is wet...

I'm gunna check the roof and what not but I'm faily sure it's isolated to the A pillar.

Is this an issue that's come up before?

And NO the window has not been open at all while it was raining other than when driving.

When I got the car delivered that trim pieces wasn't popped into place either which I don't know if is a coincedence or not...

Any advice opinions or experience appreciatted.

Oh I don't know... I've wanted to return this car since I took delivery and I'm not getting ANYWHERE...

I've basically given up and figure I'll keep the miles low and trade it in on a different car in a year or two...

I bought not leased so technically I'm MORE screwed.

Keep in mind this is the newest of MANY MANY MANY issues I've had with this car... I hate it.

I'll tell you what. Back in june there was a serious deluge up here in ny. Like something I've seen only a few times in my life. The same thing happened to me. I got all worried about it but it's never happened again (knock wood). Hopefully the problem doesnt come back.
"Barack Obama, mothaf#%@a! Barack Obama! I'm the president...of hittin' the ass!" -this is not a political view it's merely a quote from a hilarious tv show.

Wow I haven't heard of that. The only thing that I get is when I wash the car or it rains I will get heavy condensation in the rubber of the rear windows and the pillar. It seems that the rubber there isn't too good and I always get some water condensation in there. I think others have experienced this though

wow. another terrifying leaking thread. every day i check my passenger side footwell . . . now I have to check the A pillar too. I may as well just give the entire interior a good rub down while i'm at it.

I hope the dealership takes care of the issue . . . please let us know the outcome.

Called the dealer they weren't shocked at all... they say it's a clogged drain.

After checking again it's DEF. coming from the roof... FYI I don't have a sunroof...

I hate this car. Thanks For all the input guys.

The thing for me with this is that the A pillar leads RIGHT into the dash... so god knows what kind of damage could show up WAY down the line from a TINY amount of water getting stuck in there... If it were saltwater at least it would short the shit out instantly... with fresh I'm stuck with a car that's prob going to be an elec. nightmare in 5-6 years...

Also the curtain airbag is RIGHT there... so I CERTAINLY don't like the idea of that gettign soaked...

I hate this car.

Oh great, I have a non-limited wagon as well, now I am worried. I thought all the others having problems had sunroofs but maybe not.

You would think they could just dab a little silicone around the mount holes for the roof rack when assembling them but I guess that is too hard.

I wouldn't be worried if I were you... the other dealer had never heard of it and the dealer who had I think thought I had a sunroof...

I'm fairly sure my car was a monday or friday because I have TONS of fit/finish problems... I think they normally do seal the mount holes they just didn't on mine in one spot.

Not sure though... I'll post a reply when I get info from the dealer... dropping it off tonight.

Alright... They say that the windshield is leaking (I wouldn't think it was this considering how high up on the roof the wet spot starts... REALLY seems to be coming from the roof rail mounts to me... but they have to pull the headliner to dis-enfect it anyway so they said they'll ensure it's not that when it's down)

I'm just concerned now with the long term effects of having the airbag the fuse panel and god knows what else soaked with water .

I worked at a company that rebuilt cars including flood cars... and saltwater or freshwater time and moisture do TERRIBLE things to wiring... So I'm pretty sure this thing is going to be an electrical nightmare later in life.

The dealer is actually being VERY cooperative and helpfull which I can honestly say is a first.

I'm going to start talking to lawyers about what they think of my case and how it may or may not apply to the CT Lemon Law.

Archived