LegacyGT.com

Pics of Osram SilverStar and All-weather bulbs

PGT

Hi All - I got my new bulbs today from powerbulbs.com.uk I ordered H7 Osram SilverStars and H7 All-weather bulbs (amber) for the low beams plus the H3 All-weather (not installed yet). I will post pics as soon as I can resize from the XGA I shot them in. I will withold my opinions until I get a few days of drivetime with them. I left the SilverStars installed to try, and will swap to the All-weather bulbs in a week or so. The fog bulbs will be swapped when I have more time to take stuff apart, as the install is a bit more involved.

[quote name='Rockinblue']I would like to see a side-by-side comparison, replace the bulbs on only one side of the car and leave the other stock, then take some pictures. [/QUOTE] Check out the names of the pics - that's exactly what I did. I don't see any difference over stock. [quote name='Rockinblue']How do you like the bulbs so far?[/QUOTE] Driving home tonight, they may have a slightly whiter color, but I don't notice as big a difference in brightness as Kevin (GTGUY) saw .

I missed the picture names. The biggest difference I see is the third picture in "pics #2" showing the front of the car, but you're right, the bulbs are not whiter by much. Did you get around to changing the fogs yet? I'm hoping the all-weather fogs will have a noticable yellow tint.

[quote name='Patagonian GT']Hi All - I got my new bulbs today from powerbulbs.com.uk I ordered H7 Osram SilverStars and H7 All-weather bulbs (amber) for the low beams plus the H3 All-weather (not installed yet). I will post pics as soon as I can resize from the XGA I shot them in. I will withold my opinions until I get a few days of drivetime with them. I left the SilverStars installed to try, and will swap to the All-weather bulbs in a week or so. The fog bulbs will be swapped when I have more time to take stuff apart, as the install is a bit more involved.[/QUOTE] how much did they set you back?

• 2 weeks later...
I also just installed some Osram Silverstar +50% H7 bulbs. They are slightly brighter and a bit whiter then the stock bulbs, nothing to write home about. I think they should be called +5% :p Actually, just read on the Daniel Stern site that the +50% bulbs produce 1640 lumens versus 1500 for the standard H7, so that's about 9% improvement. I have ordered some 9011 HIR bulbs for my high beams. They can easily be modified to fit the 9005 sockets, and they are supposed to produce 2500 lumens instead of 1700 lumens, from the same 55 watts drain. Sly

Archived