LegacyGT.com

pffe codes and misfire codes

Hey. I have an 05 Subaru legacy 2.5 gt.mods include fp black Turbo. Fmic. Borla headers with perrin up pipe and down pipe. 850 CC dw injectors. Grimspeed air fuel seperator and light weight crankshaft pulley. Recently installed a brembo brakes and Cobb SF intake tial q bov and Cobb ap. After I.changed the bov out the other day there appears to be a vacuum leak everytime I slow down the rpms drop down to like 200 sometimes just dies. And sometimes if I let it sit and idle it goes.crazy too. Any ideas on.what could be causing the misfire codes or p1491 code or p0030 codes?

have you done a boost leak test ?

This may help.

http://www.subaruoutback.org/forums/66-problems-maintenance/48629-cel-due-p1491-pcv-valve-blow-hose-chewed-wire.html

This is a list of codes in the warranty forum on here.

the p0030 sounds like a bad front O2 they are about $100. call a lot of auto parts stores, the prices very widely.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

You can move the coil packs around and see if the code follows the coil pack. That' if you get a code for say, missfire in #2. Move it to #4 and see if the code follows it.

How many miles on the car ?

How long has it been on tune ?

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Where do you live ? Get the car to a Tuner and have them street tune the car and see what they can tell from the data logs.

Or can you data log and send info to a Tuner ?

Actually every one but cylinder 3

If all except #3 I would start to look at the injector for #3 - it may be the real culprit. If that injector gives a lot more fuel than the others then the car will lean out the other cylinders causing them to misfire since the O2 sensor won't know that one cylinder is rich and the others are lean.

If you look at the spark plugs - are they identical or is one of them having a different look?

453747.png

I reset the Ecu and it popped up.with p301this time so no cylinder 4 and 2. And the pffe code again. Also I was looking at the charged pipes right by the bov coming from the intake manifold and it was oily right after I drove. could a boost leak cause the car to idle eradicallyand die when I slow down? And cause the cylinder misfire code to pop up?

You would hear a boost leak if it was at the connector where it clamps on the tmic to TB.

IMO a bad O2 will not cause a misfire.

If it was to rich, car should run like crap.

You may need to pull the spark plugs, how long have they been in there ? they should be replaced every 60,000 miles.

mods include fp black Turbo. Fmic. Borla headers with perrin up pipe and down pipe. 850 CC dw injectors. Grimspeed air fuel seperator and light weight crankshaft pulley. Recently installed a brembo brakes and Cobb SF intake tial q bov and Cobb ap.

I haven't dyno tuned my car yet since the new Turbo

Can you clarify what set-up your car is tuned for?

Did you get a tune when you installed your turbo, and now you added a BOV and an intake with no tune? Or have you never had the car tuned?

There is the distinct possibility all of these could be fixed with a trip to your tuner. Does the Tial BOV have recirc or is it full VTA? If you are not recirculating enough then your car will do crazy things. Your ECU also probably needs to have its MAF scaled for the COBB intake. I know COBB offers off the shelf maps for their intake but they do not have an off the shelf tune for your setup (different turbo, FMIC, headers, ect).

I also imagine that once you throw the codes that you are your ECU goes into limp mode, which would also explain why you are running rich... it just adds extra fuel because it has no idea whats going on and its trying not to grenade.

Once you make sure that there is in fact no vacuum leak and that your O2 is OK, you need to get it tuned ASAP.

• 4 weeks later...

Archived