LegacyGT.com

Perrin 25mm rear bars on sale at Perrin for $109.99

CDN 2.5i

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

They're on sale at Perrin direct. http://www.perrinperformance.com/

It's a pretty fat bar to run without an upgraded front... It is adjustable however and you could run it on the softest setting (of three).

Do you have snow/ice where you live? If so, I'd recommend you stick to a 22mm bar. The car will have a much higher tendency to oversteer with the 25mm - 'snap oversteer' in particular could be a problem.

Sorry if this may be a hijack but the OP may benefit as well... (helps to understand front / rear relationship).

I'm running -2.5f/-1.5r zero toe and Cobb 22mm bars all around. My car still pushes so I'm thinking of buying the Perrin rear 25mm.

Opinions?

[URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/vbpicgallery.php?do=view&g=1586"VbGallery/URL]

The LGT understeers more than most Suby's so if you go 25mm this assumes you also went 25mm in the rear. The balance being even = still understeers, but corners with less roll.

BTW, I simply went to the link above and looked up the bar for the LGT and it listed it as $169. I then added it to my cart and $ is the same. Did I miss a link somewhere?

[URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/vbpicgallery.php?do=view&g=1586"VbGallery/URL]

The LGT understeers more than most Suby's so if you go 25mm this assumes you also went 25mm in the rear. The balance being even = still understeers, but corners with less roll.

BTW, I simply went to the link above and looked up the bar for the LGT and it listed it as $169. I then added it to my cart and $ is the same. Did I miss a link somewhere?

does this mean you recommend going with a 22mm with the stocker front 21mm (though I do believe our front bars are hollow)

doesn't come with the 70$ stoud mounts they charge

id recommend not purchasing perrin stout mounts. I have perrin 22mm F&R bars and like them. Im sure 25mm would be great too and this sale is awesome...i wouldnt pass it up, had i waited till this point.

My reccomendation for mounts is to go for AVOs over Perrins. My RSB came with perrin mounts. I sold them in the classifieds for $60, and bought AVOs for about $70. The setup is installed now, and I enjoy it very much. Im sure there is nothing wrong with the Perrin mounts, but the AVOs are beefier and sturdier. If you have the choice and are getting 25mm, might as well get bigger mounts too. Also, prolly a good idea to upgrade endlinks......when installing, i noticed how dainty the stocker links looked

Just throwing this out there...

I'm setup with Cobb Sways (matched set) with reinforcement brackets on the rear and stock endlinks. Been running for ~20k now.

I recently took the car out on damp (not soaking) roads after a rain. It was about 45 degrees out. No one was around so i decided to do some testing to see how much the car would oversteer with some steering input and lots of throttle in 1st or 2nd gear.

This is on the stock re92s with 32k miles.

The result: mostly hardcore oversteer well before I expected it. It was incredibly easy to get the rear end to step out significantly (as in rear end of the car completely in the other lane, front end of the car still pulling forward in the correct lane).

I definitely was provoking the car to do this, but I also was nowhere near doing anything crazy. To give an example: if I had made a right turn on red with traffic coming faster than I expected, I might turn the wheel and gun it just like I did. If a car had been on the other side, I would've side swiped them in the process. That's about the equivalent of how much I "provoked" the car.

I love my Cobb sways, and everyone needs to test them out to find when and how they oversteer, but even with a balanced set and only damp roads (not yet snow or ice), you need to be aware of the tendencies.

Archived