LegacyGT.com

Paint matching? And Picture request of Silver Legacy with Black Hood

Any one have a picture of a silver legacy with a black hood?

I'm considering replacing my hood with a black one that's in much better condition because my current hood has dents and 100+ rock chips. Guessing the person that had the car before me either repainted it and did a horrible job. I almost think the car had hail damage or something like that because it seems the entire car has been repainted, and not very well.

I recently had someone run into me and ended up replacing my front right door and front right fender from a salvage yard. Mainly did this because I got the door and fender for $200 total and that's much cheaper than what I was quoted for a new door, fender and fresh paint that might not match.

So, the fender and door from two different BSM legacy's and they both match almost perfectly, but they don't match the rest of my car perfectly. In the pictures, the first pic, my car is fairly dirty as you can see I've wiped some of the dirt off my rear bumper, but the second pic is after washing it.

I understand there could be paint fading but this is really noticeable to me. :spin: It's almost like the passenger side rear door is what doesn't match now. Certain angles make the paint look darker silver. Anyways, if you have a black hood on a silver lego, post it up if you wouldn't mind. Also, let me know what you guys think of the paint differences. Thanks

IMG_8943.thumb.jpg.cc5c44cf95ceb5d244f149697186d447.jpg

IMG_8949.thumb.jpg.2358b090987ee3d1e4e98712f2e9ff19.jpg

Archived